❨10❩

♀︎

Looking at myself in the mirror I run my fingers through my unruly brown curls, they've gotten curlier these past few years and now it's a struggle to untangle them. Most of the time I ignore my hair completely, it rarely looks bad it's only horrible to try and tame it so I've given up altogether. Lucy lent me some of her clothes for tonight, the black leather skirt is against everything I stand for and the black blouse with a deep v-neck makes it even worse. There is no makeup on my face and luckily that helps a lot, I never dress like this, however, I do enjoy how these clothes are hugging my curves.

Lucy steps out of the bathroom in our dorm, she looks herself over in the mirror and I have to say she looks amazing. Red lipstick, red tight fitted dress, her intense red hair, she manages to pull it off as always. It's a rare occasion that we see each other dress up like this.

"I really don't want to do this, Lucy," I groan and adjust my skirt trying to make it appear longer, but it only makes it look even worse and I pull it up again. "Those boys are going to end up killing us and that is the best outcome for the night, preferably I can keep myself from flashing my ass to anyone."

She rolls her eyes and turns around, "You look amazing and you have tights underneath, you'll be fine. Are you ready though? Travis just texted me and said that they wouldn't let him inside so we have to meet them outside the dorms."

Nodding my head I grab my little purse and follow my friend outside in the cold air, Wyatt is the first one I spot with a smile on his face. He is dressed in all black and his blonde hair is gelled back, his blue eyes cut to mine immediately and I give him a small smile. Next to him is a huge guy, his frame bigger than Wyatt's, he has long brown hair and his eyes seem very kind when they look at Lucy. He hugs her when we reach them and I tuck my arms around myself, not wanting any sort of physical contact with them. 

"Dakota," Lucy addresses with a smile on her face as she turns to me. "This is Travis."

"Hey," He says and nods his head at me, I give him an awkward smile in return.

"Are you ladies ready for tonight?" Wyatt asks and breaks the tension, he opens the door to his car and gestures for me to get in. Lucy and I sit down in the backseat while the boys are in the front, my paranoia is through the roof and no part of me wants to relax in their company. I don't know any of them and they're driving us to a sketchy place, somehow I manage to find friends who like the thrill of being uncomfortable. I hate it. 

"Will you tell us where we're going?" Lucy asks and bats her eyelashes at Travis. He smiles at her and shakes his head. 

"It's something underground, that's all you're gonna get, babe," He says to her and she huffs with the lack of knowledge. I didn't know they were at the 'babe' stage yet, she told me they met in class and she has had a crush on him for a while. Ignoring the weird feeling in my gut I urge myself to let go, all the worrying is eating me up. 

"Do they have beer?" She then asks and I laugh at her priorities, her eyes meet mine and she flips me off with a playful smile on her face. 

"They do," Travis answers. "But we're not there to drink."

"Speak for yourself," I huff and realize how rude that came out, giving him a small smile through the rearview mirror he shakes his head in disregard. I hate it when people force opinions on others and I address it on instinct, it just pisses me off. I'm not there to drink, but he doesn't know that and he surely won't be the judge of it either. Travis and I really aren't on wavelength.

He suddenly points to a restaurant in the distance, "That's where we'll eat later, Lucy. The owners are Mexican, so I can't stress enough how you need to keep your wallet close to your body."