❨33❩

♀︎

"So then Travis showed me this whole section of the mall, I honestly had never seen it before and he was shocked," Lucy laughs and I try to tune in, the tales of her and Travis in a mall sadly aren't too exciting but I want to be a good friend. "Unfortunately, for us, his mother then appeared! Like, out of nowhere and Travis was so embarrassed his whole face was red-"

My phone vibrates on my stomach and I sit up on the floor of our dorm, Lucy keeps talking and I check to see who texted me. 

Suddenly feeling immense pain in my ribs, come back? x

I smile at the message, his body has practically healed and I wanted to be a good friend to Lucy by staying here for once. She hasn't seen me in weeks, only on small occasions where we bumped into each other shortly. Elijah and I haven't seen each other in four days and even I must admit that I miss him. 

So you're lying to me now? Quite troubled here.

Hitting send, I place the phone onto the floor and concentrate on Lucy's story again. "But like, who even eats their pizza with pineapple like that? I won't judge her since she is his mother, but oh my god it was tragic to look at. Travis even found it funny-"

My phone buzzes again. 

Desperate times, love. Would kill for your homemade wok. 

Smiling. 

There should be leftovers in the fridge. Made sure to make a whole stash. 

Buzzing. 

Definitely ate those. Delicious by the way, you surely are excellent. 

Shaking my head. 

Not making this easy on me, Lij. 

Not a second later.

Wasn't aware this should be easy? 

He is so fucking quick and a little laugh escapes my lips. 

No need to make it hard either. 

The innuendo of my message hits me after I press send. 

Too easy ;) Well then, guess I should leave you to it. 

"Dakota!" A sharp voice suddenly cuts through. My panicked eyes find the angry ones of Lucy, "Are you even listening to me?"

Shaking my head I lock my phone and throw it onto my bed behind me, "Sorry, you have my undivided attention now."

"No, I don't," She states simply. "You have changed, Dakota. That guy has changed you and I really don't know what to make of it."

"Make of it?"

"Yes! He seems completely manipulative, you're soft in his hands and it nauseates me. It's pathetic and disgusting."

My eyes widen and I look at her incredulously, "Are you actually trying to interfere with my life?"

Lucy scoffs and a huge part of me feels betrayed, "Don't be so dramatic. See this as me stating the facts and making sure you're getting your head out of his ass."

"I won't see this as anything other than you being unnecessarily rude, what is your fucking deal?"

She sits on the edge of her bed, seemingly readying herself to give me a lengthy speech, "Fine if you want it served like this. That dude ensured that a rotten mouse crawled up your ass since the day we saw him at the bar, you're constantly out and about, you're dressing in colors! What even is that? He's clouding your judgment and making you someone you're not, I'm only being a friend, Dakota."

My heart pounds in my chest, threatening to rupture my skin, "Yeah, and a fucking shitty one at that. If you can't see that Elijah makes me happy, then there surely is something wrong with this friendship. He makes me happy and joyful, I can do anything with him by my side, hell I don't know what I can't do with him! Never thought you were one to judge like this, guess I was just as wrong about you as you were about me."

The huff that leaves her lips is mocking and not appreciated, "Are we seriously going to let some dude get between us? Have you never heard the phrase of chicks before dicks?"

"I don't know, Lucy, are we really? This being said, no part of that phrase includes the chick being rude and entitled."

"He must be extraordinarily skilled in bed to make you forget your values like that," The smile on her is anything but friendly. 

"Do you ever think about what your words mean before you say them? Ever?" My words spark an interest in her and her harsh glare cuts to me. 

"Why are you making such a big deal out of nothing, Dakota?" Her voice makes me so deeply annoyed, her and I never talk like this to each other. We're too mindful of others, but apparently not anymore. "I swear you act like this all the damn time, I'll talk to you when you're being rational and mature about this."

"What the actual fuck are you on about?" My voice is on the verge of yelling, filling up the small space of our dorm room. Lucy stands up from her bed and I raise from the floor, not wanting to appear smaller than her. Not when she's acting like this. 

Without another word said, she grabs her coat and pulls on a pair of boots before opening the door. The dramatic turn in my direction doesn't go unnoticed, "Don't come crying to me when your little bad boy fantasy turns out to be full of shit. He is a dick. For a therapist and social analyst, you sure are dense."

She's clearly waiting for a response, but I choose not to entertain her pathetic little games. This is unnecessary, she doesn't know Elijah nor does she know shit about the entirety of the situation. This is out of her range of comprehension and I won't even consider the idea of telling her off for it.

The door slams on me and my shoulders sag by the action. Lucy has always been a great part of my college experience, now she is being the worst. She knows it, too. My only friend here officially left me because of what? Me being in love with my high school crush? That literally makes no fucking sense. 

This is what it feels like to offer someone your throat only to get throat punched then? Fucking cheers.