Part 21

"My birthday is in 4 days!" Louis announced as he finally gathered everyone in one hotel room.

"And?" Harry questioned. "Your point?"

Louis rolled his eyes. "We will be in Tennessee, and I am aware Tennessee has some nice clubs."

"So we're going to a club?" Zayn said, his arm tightly wrapped around his fiancé.

"Why not?" Louis cheered in the air. "And don't worry for those of you under the age of 21...which is almost all of you...cause I am Louis Tomlinson and on my birthday, I will not drink alone!"

Rylie rested her head on Luke's shoulder, and sighed. Louis loved to use his fame to his advantage.

"For those of you who haven't gotten me a present, I have printed out a list." Louis cleared his throat, and passed around a piece of copy paper containing what he so desired. Louis was always the one to make sure everyone did as he wished. Rylie guaranteed that if someone did not fulfill these demands, he wouldn't be so forgiving.

Rylie scanned over the list, and was satisfied when she saw that one of the things he wanted was already wrapped up and signed by her, lying neatly under the tree; or the suitcase which contained the presents she had bought. She knew the boys too well; maybe even better than they knew themselves.

"These are ridiculous!" Calum snorted, and the others agreed. "A signed baseball by Babe Ruth? He's dead, you know?"

"And he hardly ever signed things." Niall chimed in.

"Whatever." Louis pursed his lips, acting like the ultimate spoiled brat.

Rylie realized she had 4 days to get Luke a present. She wondered if he had gotten her anything. It didn't matter, but it was their first Christmas together. New Year's Eve would be their 3 month anniversary. It felt so weird saying they were only a couple for 3 months. They were so close, it felt like a year. Maybe it was, and the time literally flew by. It didn't really matter how long they had been dating, cause Rylie knew they would be together forever.

As Louis and the others argued about useless things, Luke whispered in Rylie's ear, her hairs tickling her cheek. "Let's get out of here..."

"Gladly." Rylie grabbed Luke's hand, and allowed him to pull her up. They tried to be sneaky, but the others were lost in conversation, so it didn't really matter.

Luke seemed to have a destination in his mind, and he headed straight for it. They walked up a long flight of stairs, and Rylie wondered where they could be going.

Finally, Luke pushed a door open, and held it for Rylie. She walked through, and cold air immediately brushed against her skin. The ground in which she stepped on consisted of gravel, and when Rylie looked up, she saw the night sky, as bright as it was a few hours ago when it boys played the Florida concert in an open-roof stadium.

"Why did you bring me to the roof?" Rylie asked, turning to Luke. His eyes glowed in the moonlight, and shadows were cast on his chiseled jaw. He looked heavenly.

Luke guided Rylie over to the side of the building, and he sat down on the low wall overlooking the city. The hotel was large, and the city gleamed. Rylie sat down next to him, thankful she wasn't afraid of heights. She admired the city below her. Lights shined like fireflies, and a hum from the busy streets could be heard. The city had a harmonious mood, almost as if everyone was working in rhythm. It was peaceful.

"I thought it was nice to get away..." Luke spoke quietly. Rylie looked over at him. He must have been lost in thought. She watched the city dance before his eyes, and she took a moment to really appreciate him and his features.