Regulus Black

"Sirius Black, I swear on Godric Gryffindor if you don't stop annoying me I will make sure you won't be able to provide any future Black heirs!" I threatened and glared across the table at the older boy who had glued our hands together.

"Very convincing, love." He grinned. "I'm afraid I truly don't know how to reverse the spell."

"You're unbelievable." I huffed. "Why can't you just go and bother someone else for a change?"

"I like bothering you, you're the only one that doesn't like me." Sirius grinned happily, pulling me towards the end of the Gryffindor table, people had to duck not to be hit by our glued together hands and I rolled my eyes.

"You'd think that means you'd leave me alone." I pointed out and he shrugged.

"Where's the fun in that?"

Cursing the older black under my breath, I stomped after him towards the hospital wing, desperate to be freed from him. When we turned the corner, my eyes locked with Regulus Black's and I nearly fell from Sirius' abrupt stop. Regulus' eyes left mine, glanced at my hand glued to his brother's and glared at Sirius before marching off.

"Sirius-" I started softly, having seen the longing look he's sent his brother but it quickly disappeared.

"Come on, love, you're slowing us down!" Sirius smiled at me, but it didn't reach his eyes this time. "I thought you wanted to get rid of me?"

I didn't reply, it was quite clear Sirius had no desire to talk about his relationship with his younger brother and we walked the rest of the way in silence. Madam Pomfrey scolded Sirius for using magic he hadn't mastered yet on an innocent bystander and as soon as she cut him loose from me, he ran out of the hospital wing. I was sure he was on his way to James Potter and I was glad he had someone he could talk to. Sirius wasn't a bad person after all, just bloody annoying.

"Brooks." Regulus greeted me when I left the hospital wing and I smiled at him. We had an unlikely friendship, it wasn't often you saw a Slytherin and a Gryffindor get along this well.

"Ah, my favourite Black." I smiled and nudged his shoulder. "What are your plans for today?"

"I was going to come get you at breakfast, but you were in a sticky situation." Regulus grinned at his own joke and I laughed.

"Funny, Black." I rolled my eyes. "Don't get too carried away, people might think you're human." I winked and Regulus laughed.

     "Come on, let's go." Regulus grabbed my hand and a strange feeling came over me. I frowned and pushed it to the back of my mind, following after Regulus when he suddenly turned a corner.

     We walked for a little while and I wasn't sure where we were headed anymore. I'd lost count of the amount of stairs we'd climbed and floors we passed until Regulus finally came to a halt at a dead end corridor and turned at me with a wide grin on his face.

     "Where are we?" I questioned, raising my eyebrows.

     "It's just a place I found, come on, look over here." Regulus moved towards the window that covered the entire wall and I stood beside him, gasping at the magnificent sight. You could see over the grounds, the students sitting by the lake and others on their brooms at the quidditch pitch.

     When I turned around to face Regulus, he'd conjured up comfy chairs and looked at me proudly, making me chuckle.

     "So you have been paying attention in professor McGonagall's classes." I joked and Regulus rolled his eyes. It was nice to see him so carefree like this. Usually I had to put a lot of effort to get him to smile even a little.