Chapter Six

Josephine

I sit down with a loud sigh in the clearing. I've already ran from him so many times. I don't think I have the effort in me to do it again. He's just gonna find me and get even more pissed. And I really don't want him to mark me. I don't want everyone knowing that a belong to such a monster.

So he expects me to just sit here and do nothing while he hangs out with his pack members and stuff? There's no way that's going to happen. Seriously, I'm not going to play the role of his submissive little mate like he expects me to.

I sit and wait for a while longer before standing up and looking around. Which way do I want to run? The options are so difficult to choose from. He came from the left I definitely can't go that way. I guess I should try the opposite direction and go right.

I glance around before taking a step towards the right direction. Mere seconds after I take my step, I hear a loud, thundering growl erupt within the woods. I stand still immediately. Oh god. Was that Theo?

My heart stops as I hear a twig snap behind me and then arms wrap around my torso. I don't have to turn my head to the side to that it is, in fact, Theo. Alpha Theo Lupine to be exact. He's already lightly growling but it's softer than it was initially.

"I thought I told you to stay put." He says and I try to wiggle out of his embrace.

"What if I was just going to go pee in a bush or something?" I ask and he presses his nose against my neck, smelling me. His light growling turns into his chest softly vibrating. Oh no. He is not going to pull that purr shit on me. I will not stand for that.

"Well you can go now that I'm here." He allows and I stiffen at that. He may chose to run the rest of my life but I will not stand by and let him tell me when I can and when I can't pee. That's absurd.

"I never said I actually have to go." I mutter and he continues to smell me, lightly chuckling to himself.

"We can go home now."

"We're going back to my pack?" I say hopefully and he pulls me tighter against him. He presses his lips to my neck and I press away from him. A monster doesn't get to show affection. He just had helpless children killed yet here he is, kissing my neck like it never happened. But it did happen. I saw it.

"No, we're going to my pack house. To our home." He corrects and I press against him yet again.

"Any home of yours is not a home of mine." I spit and he lets out an irritated breath.

"That is where you're wrong, baby. I provide for you and that includes shelter. It's my job to provide for you. Don't be difficult." His voice gets deeper and deeper while he speaks as his wolf becomes more angry. I sigh unhappily but say nothing. His mouth is too close to my neck and his wolf is too unpredictable for me to know he won't mark me if he gets too upset.

When he finally realizes I'm not going to say anything, he releases me and takes my hand instead. I frown at the skin to skin contact as the tingles crawl up my arm. Nope. I don't like that at all.

Theo drags me quickly through the woods until we come to a stop in front of a very large wood cabin. I stare at it before he pulls me inside. I gawk at the interior design since it all seems so rustic and way to expensive to be my apparent "home."

"Go up the stairs to the fourth door on the right. I have to go speak with Jason about something real quick." He instructs and I glare at him. Again with bossing me around! I don't like it. But I bite my tongue because I feel like I've already pushed him as far as he'll go today.

"Who's Jason?" I ask instead.

"Every alpha needs a beta." He releases my hand and my body both relaxes and tenses up at the same time.

I nod my head and with that, I go up the stairs and to the fourth door on the right like I was told. I open the door hesitantly and look around the largest room ice seen in my life. Whoa. Its decor is rustic like the rest of the cabin but the bed is absolutely humongous. It takes up most of the room.

I glance around the room to find a private bathroom and an okay sized closet meant for two people. It's obviously the master suite in the cabin. But among everything in the room, the giant bed calls to me the most. I'm so tired. Actually, I think I passed tired a long time ago. Now I'm simply exhausted. I go to the bed and lie down on it, not bothering with the covers.

Soon enough, I go out like a light.