Chapter Fourteen

Josephine

Once Theo goes into his office, I turn right back around. My whole pack is here and he expects me to just go in my room and wait for him to come back. I'm not his pet. I don't obey his every command. I'm and independent woman with feelings and a brain of my own.

I hear his voice rumbling dangerously as I pass his office but can't make out what he's saying. He won't kill Kaiden. I saw it in his eyes; he wouldn't dare.

"Well hello, pretty little thing." A voice says as I round the corner.

I stop in my tracks. Oh shit. I was hoping someone had killed him or something. But nope! George stands in front of me with a smirk on his weathered face. I wrinkle my nose in distaste, aware that I now look like I ate something sour.

"George." I smile bitterly and he gives me a toothy grin. Ugh. He's disgusting.

"How's the Luna life treating you?" He steps closer and I glance behind me, half hoping Theo will appear and save me.

"Fine."

"Good." He takes yet another step closer and my back hits a wall. Double shit. This guy does not know how to take a hint. "What about your mate? He treating you well?"

"He's treating me just fine." I glare, catching the assumption in his question. Theo would never mistreat me. He may be cruel but he would never lay a hand on me to harm me.

"He's not treating you fine enough." He murmurs, taking the final step and brushing the hair off of my shoulder. The spot where Theo's mark should be is completely clear and he grins. "What a shame for you. He must not love you enough to mark you. Lucky for you, I'm here to do just that." He leans down and I move to the side, against the wall. He frowns at me and follows my suit.

No freaking way am I going to let this guy mark me. Not that I want Theo to mark me either but Theo is definitely first in line. Not this psycho. He leans down yet again and I scoot away from his far enough to try and make a run for it. I glance to the side and count to three before sprinting away from him, towards the hallway Theo's office is in. George rushes after me just as I'm reaching for the doorknob.

His arms snake around my waist, pulling my back, and my fingers slip from the cold metal. I cry out and struggle against him. I was so close. So freaking close. He starts to drag me away. I would rather die than get marked by him. I scream for Theo a second before a hand clamps over my mouth with a growl. George's arm around my waist squeezes me and I can't breathe. There are gonna be bruises all over me after this.

The door suddenly flies open and a very angered Theo appears. In seconds, looks at me, looks at George, looks at George's hands on me, looks back at my frightened expression, and then his eyes go black. Oh boy. This is bad. Really, really bad.

George releases me and I gasp from air before looking to see why he let me go. I wish I would have kept looking away. My eyes widen as I watch Theo's hands go around George's neck. I scream at him to stop but it's too late. I watch George fall to the ground after a twist of Theo's hands and a loud snap.

Theo

"What?" I bark and Jason lowers his head to the side, not meeting my eyes, in submission.

"She still hasn't come out of her room, Alpha." He informs and I growl deeply. "She did stop crying though so that's a good thing." I sigh and place my head in my hands, setting my elbows on my office desk.

"She's terrified of me." I snarl and he stays silent. He wouldn't risk agreeing and having me blow up on him, nor would he risk disagreeing and having me whoop his ass for lying to me.

"Just give her some time, Alpha, she just needs some time."

"Leave." I growl. "Update me in an hour."

He shuts the door behind him as he exits, and I close my eyes. I don't know what I can do about this. I'm not sorry for killing one of her old pack members. I'm not sorry about that at all. I'm just sorry she had to watch me do it. I already talked to Alpha Michael about the whole thing so we could prevent a war between our packs. He understood why I did what he did and he admitted he was relieved, for George was not the best pack member to have.

But when I heard her scream, I took one look at Kaiden and then burst out of my office. The sight of her terrified and being held against her will, let alone by another male, sent me over the edge. I had no choice but to kill that man for touching what's mine.

So I did.