Chapter Twenty-Five

Josephine

"Oh god." I groan and Theo gives me a strange look. "He's seen me naked! I'm not going to eat dinner across the table from him and act like it never happened." He frowns at my words and pulls my body close to him.

"No one but me gets to see your body." He growls and I pat his cheek with a smile.

"Don't worry, big guy. I'm not going to go around flashing anyone anytime soon." I assure and he gives me a small smile. "Seriously though, please don't make me go."

"It's not like I really want you to go, my father's a complete jackass, but we don't have much of a choice here. He refuses to leave until he formally meets you." He sighs and I bite my lip. He growls softly at my action. "Dinner will be probably an hour long and then you won't have to deal with that again."

"Until I have to meet your mother." I remind and he smile at me, kissing my nose.

"My mom is going to adore you so don't even stress over that." He assures me and I sigh doubtfully.

"I'm not so sure about that." I say, shrugging out of his embrace. He growls softly as I start walking towards the bathroom. "You seem to be the only one who doesn't realize what a mess I am."

"You're not a mess." He snaps and I roll my eyes. Exactly. "And even if you were, you're my mess so I'm not seeing the problem."

"Alrighty then." I drawl out and he sighs in defeat. "I'm just gonna go shower before I get ready." And with that I close and lock the bathroom door. I'm stripped all the way down to my bra and underwear when I hear him growl.

"Unlock it." He calls and I groan. He's absolutely impossible. "Josephine unlock it right now. I hate when you lock it." God, he's such an asshole sometimes. "I'll fucking knock it down and then you won't even have a door to lock anymore. That'll solve this problem real quick." I march over and unlock the door swiftly, swinging it open and glaring at him. I've had enough of this.

"You know what, asshole?" I snap and place my hands on my hips. "Not everything has to go your way. And you don't have to threaten me! I'm your freaking girlfriend, genius. We aren't married. I can lock a door if I want to."

His eyes rank over my body. Oh. Shit. I'm barely even clothed right now. It's not like he hasn't seen me naked but still, he hasn't seen me naked while he's in human form. This will be his, what, second time seeing me in just my bra and underwear?

"Stop staring and apologize." I demand and he blinks at me slowly before coming towards me. I hold my hand up and shake my head. "No. You can't use the stupid mate pull thing and make me forget. I refuse to be hypnotized. Say you're sorry." He's moving ever so slowly towards me and I eye him.

"I am so, so sorry, baby." He says in that deep voice that drives me crazy. I shiver as he finally reaches me. "How did I get so lucky?" He murmurs mostly to himself as he brushes his fingers against my sides. I blush and look straight at his chest. The clock is still ticking. This stupid mark is a freaking bomb!

"I-I need to shower, Theo." I breathe out when he leans down and kisses my jaw, close to my ear. "Seriously." But my words mean nothing to him. He kisses along my jaw and he pulls me tighter to him before moving up to my lips. No no no. This is bad. I can't do this. I need to focus.

My wolf growls at me and my bite stings when I move my head to the side, letting his lips touch my cheek instead of my own. He growls softly but it soon turns to humming. Shit. This guy couldn't calm it down to save his life. He leans down and presses his lips to my mark. We can't do this now, but I'd be lying if I said it didn't feel really great.