Chapter Seven

Theo

"I heard you found your mate." Jason raises his eyebrow at me and I frown in return as I walk into the living room. He stood as I entered and now we both stand close enough that no one will hear us if they pass by.

"That's not what I came to talk to you about." I interrupt where this conversation is going. He nods his head bluntly and keeps his mouth shut. Good. "What happened out there with Alpha Kessler's pack? Thats not what I ordered."

"Jonathan got out of control again." Jason swallows hard, not meeting my eyes. "One of the women wouldn't let him inside of her house to check it and he just went crazy. And you know how the men listen to Jonathan." My wolf doesn't like that one bit. He snarls but I calm him down before I do something I might regret. My mate is upstairs and she needs me to come up there in control.

"Well I need him brought to me immediately." I command and he nods his head again and leaves. I walk into the kitchen and all of the men in the room drop their eyes and stop talking. I tune to Kaiden. "Bring everyone who is associated with Jonathan and put them in the basement for me to deal with later." He clears his throat.

"Yes, alpha."

"Thomas, have your mate get clothes for mine. She'll be a small in everything." I instruct and he walks away to do as he's told. I nod my own head and the rest of the men pick up their conversations.

Turning around, I go up the stairs and walk into my room. I half expected Josephine to lunge at me and try to escape but the room is silent. Motionless. I look around until I spot her on my bed asleep. My wolf growls at me, wanting to just walk over to her and mark her but I restrain him. I don't need her more pissed at me which she would surly be if she woke up to my teeth sinking into her neck.

I sigh and sit down on the edge of the bed to take my boots off. Once they're off I climb onto the bed right next to her. She doesn't make a single sound as I pick her up gently and scoot her closer to me. My arm draped over her torso as I pull her against me.

My little mate is gonna be pissed when she wakes up but in her subconscious state, her body recognizes me as her mate. She scoots closer to me and let's out a contented sigh. A soft knock sounds at the door and I press my nose against her hair, planting a kiss right on the back of her neck.

"Come in." I say quiet enough so that I don't wake her up. With a small snarl, I stand up and then sit down on the edge of the bed next to Josephine.

"I've brought Jonathan as you asked, alpha." Jason voice responds as quiet as mine was while he and Jonathan walk in the room. I glance over at Josephine but she's so far gone that I don't know if I'll ever be able to wake her up. Why is she so exhausted? A better question is who made her so exhausted? My wolf bristles at the question. No one besides me should have any effect on her.

"I ordered you search the houses, Jonathan." I say and my alpha tone makes him look down but he glares at the ground as he does so. "Somehow the pack was slaughtered. Why is that? Did a certain female set you off?" He finally looks up at me but he seems to be acting so insubordinate right now.

"She provoked me, alpha." He explains half heartedly and I growl lowly at him. Our use of quiet tones doesn't help much because as I growl, Josephine shifts in her sleep. We all look down at her but she stays asleep.

"Huh." I frown. "I know you better than that. I don't want this to happen again. You're trying to gain power and that's a problem with me. I will kick you out if there's a repeat of today."

"Yes, alpha." He nods his head and then leaves. Jason nods at me and then looks down at my mate. My wolf snarls but I clamp my mouth closed.

"You're lucky. She's a pretty little thing." He admires and I can't stop myself from growling then. That's my mate and I'm an alpha. Possessiveness isn't something my wolf takes lightly. She's mine and he should not be looking at her such ways. Only I am allowed to look at her like that. He nods his head in understanding and then leaves the room, shutting the door mutely behind him.

I get back into the bed and make sure there's no space between our bodies. She burrows into me happily, right where she belongs. I don't care if she gets pissed when she wakes up. She's mine. I'm allowed to hold my own mate if I wish to and no one, not even her, is going to stop me from doing it.

She belongs to me.