Chapter Twenty-Seven

Josephine

"I can't believe you just did that." Theo gushes and I blush. Whoa. Blushing is new for me. "My father is the most fucking ruthless Alpha there was and you just stood up to him like it was nothing."

"He made you mad." I shrug.

"God, I love you." He groans and I laugh. "Remind me, why can't we mate?" His question makes me choke on my own spit.

"Because I'm unsure about it?" I say as a question and he chuckles.

"No kidding. You're unsure about that answer."

"Don't make fun of me. I just don't think I'm ready." I defend and he frowns at me deeply. Good thing we're just sitting here in his bedroom alone or else I would have been super embarrassed by this conversation.

"You don't think you're ready to become fully mine?" He asks, his temper quickly rising.

"Oh please. Don't pull that guilt shit. We both know who I belong to here." I wave off and he smirks proudly. What a man. He might as well puff out his chest and beat his hands on it while he's at it.

"Yeah, and you better remember that." He smirks, pulling me to his chest. I sigh frustrated and he couldn't be happier. Actually, he could. But I'm not gonna just give it to him because he asks nicely.

"Wait." He says, pulling away and I raise an eyebrow. "Are you a virgin?" Whoa. How did he-? My face turns red and I look down, whereas he grins like the Cheshire Cat.

"Theo." I warn.

"I'm going to deflower you, Josephine Evans." He says, no, cheers. "I'm gonna make a shirt that says I took Josephine Evan's virginity."

"Theo, stop." I push at his chest and he chuckles, backing away with his hands held up in mock surrender.

"And I think I might even make hats." He continues. "I should make Jason a shirt with My best friend took Josephine Evans's virginity on it in nice, bold print. I think he'd appreciate it." I scoot to the back of his bed while glaring at him. This is mortifying.

"Well you're not going to be taking anyone's virginity with that ego." I shove a pillow at him and he catches it easily.

"You think so?" He smirks, coming back towards me with a predatory expression. I hear the light humming coming from his chest and I suck in a deep breath. Oh no.

"Yeah, I-I do think so." I stutter as he takes ahold of my foot and pulls me towards him across the bed slowly. "Your ego is the s-size of Mount. R-Rushmore."

"You want to know what else of mine is the size of Mount. Rushmore?" He smirks and my eyes get wide.

"No. No I really don't want to know."

"I think you do." He crawls over me once he's got me at the edge of the bed. "Actually, I think you really want to know." His lips press to my jaw, kissing down my neck, toward my collarbone. His hands squeeze my sides, making me squirm a little.

"I'm still unsure, Theo." I manage and he frowns against my skin.

"Why?"

"Because," I sigh, "I know it's going to hurt. Plus, it's a huge thing in our relationship. Why are you so eager to rush it?"

"Because I want you." He growls out as if this should be obvious. "Every fiber of my being wants you under me, making that face you make when I kiss you, feeling things you've never felt before because I'm your first and I'll be your last."

And if that doesn't make me melt, nothing ever will. Our topic may be a little less than romantic but the love he expresses as he speaks makes my heart ache for his absolute need to have me. It's flattering, if anything.

"Okay." I sigh and he blinks at me.

"What?"

"I'm sure about it now." I explain and his eyes darken. "But not, like, right now. I just thought you should know that if in the future you want to, I'm okay with it now."

"And you're sure about that? Because once you say it's okay, baby, you probably won't be leaving this room for a week." His sultry smirk is back and I laugh.

"Yeah. I'm sure." I nod my head and he grins at me triumphantly. "But, remember? Not right now."

"Fine. But today is your only veto." He warns and I raise an eyebrow in question. "You get to say not now once and I guess you chose today. I mean, you can always say no, but if you're okay with it happening but saying no anyway, it's pretty much an opportunity wasted." He's still smirking and I shake my head at him.

"Do you get a veto?" I ask and he laughs.

"Baby, the day I say no to mating with you is the day I'm dead." He kisses me softly. "Even then, I'm not sure my wolf would let me."

"I love you." I smile, kissing his cheek and his eyes soften immediately into a look of complete adoration.

"I love you too, Josephine." He puts his nose to my mark and smells me. "Until tomorrow, baby." Oh god. It's all happening tomorrow. He smiles down at me as he repeats himself.

"Until tomorrow."