Chapter Twenty

Josephine

"Theo, you're being ridiculous." I frown and glares at me. "You have Alpha stuff to do, and this is my fist day being official Luna."

"Argue with me all you want. You're not leaving my side." He growls back and I groan. He's been like this all morning. I squirm out of his arms and walk into the bathroom, shutting the door behind me. I lock it. A knock sounds at the door and I glare at him through the wood.

"I don't care how mad you are, Josephine. You will open this door right now or in breaking it down." He threatens and I roll my eyes. He's so dramatic.

I open the door and he comes right in past me, sitting on the closed toilet seat. I blink at him. What the hell does he think he's doing? I glance between him and the door as he looks at me expectantly. Does he seriously expect me to get naked and shower in front of him? Has he lost his mind?

"Are you gonna leave...?" I question.

"No."

"Will you please leave so I can undress?" I raise an eyebrow as he leans back on the seat.

"No."

"Theo, you're being seriously absurd this morning." I snap and he growls at me.

"I don't see the problem. You belong to me, you have a mark to prove that, so seeing you naked shouldn't be an issue. We shouldn't even be discussing it. I'm not leaving and you need to shower. Plus, I have to meet with someone in a half hour so the clock is ticking, baby." He smirks at me as I stare at him wide eyed. It's official, he's crazy.

"Look, Theo, I know you're upset because of what happened yesterday, but I'm fine! I'm alive and well, and I would really like to shower." He snarls at me and I purse my lips.

"You died, Josephine." He growls and I flinch. "You cannot stand there and tell me you're fine when you were dead not even a day ago. So get in the damn shower before I rip your clothes off for you and shove you under the water since you're obviously incapable of doing it yourself."

And that, right there, was Theo's last shred of composure deteriorating.

With his eyes on me, I pull my top over my head and push my bottoms to the floor. He makes a guttural sound in the back of his throat as I reach for my bra strap before he gets up and leaves.

While he's gone, I quickly strip and get in the shower, pulling curtain tightly behind me. I hear him renter the bathroom and can practically feel him eyes through the curtain.

"I just need to touch you." I hear him explain before his hand emerges from the curtain.

I stare at it dangling there, begging to be touched, and then I grab it with my hands and press it to my face. He runs his thumb over my cheekbone and I close my eyes.

I'm sure I would be like this if he died too. He runs his finger across my jaw before he retracts his hand and I hear him sit down back on the closed toilet seat.

"Once you've showered we have to speak to the leader of the rogues." He informs as I finish washing my hair. "All you have to do is stand next to me and say nothing."

"I think I can manage that." I smile.

"I don't know, baby. This is you we're talking about." He chuckles and I scoff. What a jerk.

"I take offense to that." I turn the water off and fumble around for my towel. He hands it to me. I dry off quickly and then pull back the curtain. His eyes roam over me and then he smirks as he stands.

"I am one lucky man, aren't I?" He kisses my temple as he ushers me out of the bathroom. How much did my death scare him? He's acting all....nice now. It's unnerving.

"You finally realized?"

"Yep. Now go change. I'll be right outside the door, talking to Jason. Holler if you need me." And with yet another kiss but this one on my forehead, he leaves the room.

I get dressed in a simple outfit and then meet him outside of the room. As soon as I emerge into his view, he wraps his arms around me and hugs me to his body.

"So he'll have no one with him but his second in charge and his mate? I guess that works for us. Just have the squads hidden in the foliage in case he decides to attack." Theo speaks to Jason and I burrow into his chest.

"Yes, Alpha. I take it in going with you then?" Jason asks as Theo kneads at my hips with his fingers. I shiver at his touch. Ever since I've woken up, he's been awful touching.

"You and Josephine of course." Theo responds and I feel Jason's eyes upon me.

"I see our Luna looking better." Jason notes and Theo hugs me tighter to his body.

"She's doing much better." Theo growls and I sigh at the rumbling sound in his chest. He just gets so upset at the events that occurred yesterday. But I can't blame him. I would lose my shit if he suddenly died and then came back to life.

"Well that's good to hear." Jason concludes and then I hear his feet retreating away from us. I guess that ends their conversation.

"Are you hungry?" He asks and I shake me head no. He growls. "You need to eat. It's unhealthy to not eat."

"I'm not hungry, Theo. It's not a crime."

"Josephine." He warns and I sigh, stepping away from him. He growls louder as he pulls me back to him. "Stop. If you're not eating then I get to hold you."

"On second thought, I'm hungry." I tease and he growls again. Alrighty then. Theo is not in the joking around mood today. "Just kidding, Theo. Calm down, big guy. There is no else I would rather hold me. I'm all yours." His wolf seems to settle at that as I hear him lightly humming. Oh god. Not the humming.

"Don't we have somewhere to go today?" I remind and he looks down at me.

"Mmm."

"Yes, we do. Now let go of me so we can get our stuff done with, Theo." I command and his humming turns back into growling.

"Josephine. Don't push my buttons." He warns against and I roll my eyes.

"What could you possibly do to me? You wouldn't hurt me." I remind as he finally releases me and we head down towards the front door. He informed me via mate link that we would be shifting into our wolves to get there.

"I'll lock you in the bedroom. Half of the men here do it. Don't make me join them." And now he's threatening me? I would be upset if he died but this is starting to get s little out of hand.

He takes being upset to a whole new level.