Something Entirely New

If Airlaphree knew that her whole life would change drastically within the next few days, she probably would have just stayed in bed. It started out like any other regular school day, getting dressed, eating french toast, bugging her dad's Advisor because he was a prude, and worst of all, running into an argument with her younger step sister, Sapphire. Not a single day goes by where the two girls get along. That wasn't entirely Air's fault, Sapphire was daddy's girl and the general of all of Koa's army. Airlaphree was just a lost human child while everyone else had something special about them. Vampires, Wizards, you name it! The world of Ishi had it all, but sometimes people were born without something special. That was Airlaphree.

The blue haired girl, threw her shoulder length hair in pigtails and rushed to grab her backpack before Sapph would notice her. Maybe if she were fast enough Air could avoid the inevitable. Unfortunately for her Sapphire just so happen stormed through the front door, running over Air. Sapphire gawked because she was fathomed that Air would do such a thing. What a drama queen.

"What the heck, Air? Did you forget how to walk?" Sapphire helped herself up and brushed her boney fingers through her short black hair.

Airlaphree jumped to her feet and began to walk out the door. " I don't have time today, I'm already running late."

"Pft, you're such a failure at everything. No wonder why your mom offed herself."

"Sapphire, that wasn't nice." Air still looking out the door rolls her eyes, but Sapph could feel it. "What you said isn't true, and to be honest with you, your mom was no better."

"Yeah but mine knew when to quit. She may have given me up, but my mother didn't leave me unsupervised just to get kidnapped. "

Airlpahree couldn't take it today. She ignored her sister and bolted out the door before she did something stupid. Air knew the true story. Or at least she thought she did. On her third birthday she got kidnapped and was missing for seven years. Her mother left for a few seconds and the next thing she knew, her baby girl was gone. The guilt ate at her so much, she committed suicide. Air was so lost in thought, she didn't notice her good friend, Jaysun, standing there waiting to walk her to school. After he saved her, Jaysun never left her side.

"Air?" She shook her head and blinked a couple times, realizing he was standing there.

"Hey, Jay! Sorry I was lost in thought."

"What's on your mind? Something is troubling you." They began to walk foot to foot.

"Oh it's nothing, don't worry about me. You do that enough already." Her gaze traveled to the baby blue sky.

"You're thinking about the past again."

"Yeah." Air grasped at her chest " I Just wish I knew what happened during those seven years. All I remember about my past is waking up in the hospital and seeing you and dad there. Everything before that is black."

"Everything will make sense one day." He closed his eyes at her and smiled brightly.

Airlaphree was mesmerized at this Apolyan. His White feathered wings draped perfectly around his body, The way his black hair shined as the sun beams danced around each strand, those magenta eyes that could see right into your soul, and that purple jean jacket he always wore with the crimson cross necklace was all so gorgeous to her. They have been good friends for about a year now, and she still knew so little about him. You know, other than the fact he found her in a ditch on the brink of death.

Air was in denial about her crush so she shook her head rapidly and changed the conversation. "So what are your big plans for today?" she nervously chuckled.