Almost

A week passes by and the school is cleaned up with a temporary fix. During this time, Airlaphree had time to think about everything and gather her thoughts. She was still unsure about the whole situation and her dad pretty much has left her alone. Occasionally he would ask how she was doing, but that about sums it up. Sapphire did her occasional antagonizing which wasn't anything out of the ordinary.

Sunbeams fought their way through the Maple tree leaves, Airlaphree was relaxing beneath. The plastic used to patch some of the school crinkled in the wind. So far, her day went by quite slow, every class working around the hole. Thankfully Tucker and his friends weren't anywhere in sight, and haven't been since their last encounter. Air looked around at all the people enjoying their lunch when Clester spotted where she was residing. He was nervous about approaching her. To him, she was amazing even though he didn't know her very long.

He swallowed his fear and made his way to his beloved new crush. "Hey, Air!" She looked up at the 6"7 clown with a smile so bright it could light the night sky.

"Hey Clester!" She adjusted her slouch to a proper sit. "Sorry I haven't been so talkative lately, I just have a lot going on."

"Oh, it's really not a problem. I Understand you're busy being the daughter of Vector and all." He scratched the back of his neck and chuckled nervously.

"It's not too bad, most people just leave me alone unless they want to bully me. I thought choosing to go to a public school would be better for socializing, but I guess I didn't get too lucky." Airlaphree paused for a moment. "Except for meeting you, of course!"

"I have similar issues." Clester tittered, "I made you lunch, by the way." He handed Airlaphree an grey box, trying hard not to blush from the nerves.

"Clester," Air was touched by his kindness. No one has given her anything out of kindness like this before. "This is so nice of you, why?" She tried really hard not to cry, but she couldn't help herself. Tears rolled down her rosy cheeks.

"Don't cry, it's the least I could do for you after standing up for me!" He took a seat next to her, "and for being my friend."

"It's just no one has ever given me anything because they wanted to before. I mean, my dad gives me clothes, food, and things I need but that's because he has to." She took her arm and whipped her wet face, " I'm sorry, this is pathetic."

"No, I'm glad I could make you happy!" Clester opened his lunch, "Let's just hope I'm a good enough cook!"

Airlaphree couldn't help but giggle. "I love to cook! We have maids and everything but I enjoy cooking!"

"I Don't mind cooking, but I have to. I live alone so If I want anything done I have to do it myself." Clester handed her a napkin.

"Wow, I didn't know that. There's still so much I need to learn about you!"

"Ha-ha, same for you! Let's see, hmm," Clester pinched his chin, "what's your favorite color?"

"I'm a fan of pink, but I like all colors." She took a bite out of the seasoned chicken, "This is delicious! I could learn a thing or two from you! That leads me to my question. What's your favorite food?"

"Pink is a pretty nice color, but I'm partial to orange myself. I'd be happy to cook with you someday! As for my favorite food, I really enjoy a big juicy burger."

"That would sound yummy, but I think I just lost my appetite." Air looked over to a couple who was shoving their tongues in each other's throats.

"I want to say that's a little much, but I guess I wouldn't know." Clester looked at his food to avoid any type of eye contact.

"What do you mean?" Air asked curiously.