Get Ready!

Today was the second to the last day of the school year, and also the day Airlaphree was getting set up training. After the last bell rang, Air and her best friend Clester rushed over to the base. Every member got a text message about the next whereabouts of a stone. All them members at the base chattered amongst themselves when they arrived with panting breaths. Dylan grabbed everyone's attention with a sharp whistle between his teeth. The crowd fell silent and waited patiently for his informitable words.

"I know you all have received a few exciting text messages about the stone, but before you get too riled up I want to say that there will be only two members going on this mission. Those to people will be Myself, and Bruce."

Airlaphree got instantly angry with Dylan, and sprung to her feet. "Wait, hold up! How is any of this fair? What about me? I'm supposed to save the world so shouldn't I be included in this?"

Dylan bowed his head with an irritated sigh, "I understand where you're coming from but this particular stone is being held by the biggest, diabolical gang leader in town and frankly I don't trust you enough to have you attend this mission."

Clester stood beside her and spewed his thoughts as well, "What is that supposed to mean? All because she saved your ass. Air can't do what she's destined to do if she's just sitting on the sidelines not learning anything!" He turned to his blue haired friend and nervously smiled.

Dylan smashed his fist on the desk in front of him. "She could've gotten herself killed! This is the most feared gang we're talking about, not just some low life teacher who smuggles guns on the side. Someone could seriously get hurt!" He took a deep breath in, "If something were to happen to anyone of you, I don't think I could forgive myself."

"May I intervene?" Jaysun stepped up and placed himself next to his friends, "It's an honor to have such a caring leader, but you can't keep holding her back forever. I know you want to protect her, we all do. I'll be willing to come with it if it puts an ease to your mind."

"I'll go too!" Clester shouted, exposing his weird blue tongue.

Dylan pet his eyebrows with his fingers, "you kids are giving me a migraine." His gaze floated to Demora who gave him a smile, then back to his opposing students. "Fine." He pointed his finger in their direction. "But none of you will speak a word. As for you, Air, be ready to meet your trainer today. It wouldn't hurt if you went as well, Sapphire.

🔥 🔥 🔥

The next morning, Demora took her sisters to a peculiar big building with a glass dome as the roof. The exterior was a deep brick red, dressed with golden dragon designs Inside was decorated with all sorts of history from past wars. Demora led them to gigantic double doors. Before opening them Demora turned to Air and Sapph. "Are you ready to meet your brother?"

"My, What?" Air's face was painted with confusion. "Shouldn't you have mentioned this before we came here?"

Demora giggled and opened the doors, leaving Air to tremble with her shooken nerves. Inside stood a tall, young man with spiky yellow hair stood with his arms crossed with sweat dripping down his forehead. A dragon tattoo snaked across his arm into his red and gold tank top. His jade shaded eyes shook with anticipation as they peered in Airlaphree's direction. Demora placed her warm palm on Air's shoulder with a slight squeeze.

"Airlaphree, " she began to say, "This is Eugene, our brother."

Without hesitating, Air ran and jumped into her brother's arms. At first he was confused but it wasn't long until he returned the ruininting hug. "I'm sorry," Air said as she backed away, "I'm just so happy to be reunited with family."

"It's alright," Eugene's face rested, "Do you have any particular fighting skills? Something I can work with?

"Erm," Air's face began to burn with embarrassment, "I actually have no experience. I'm just your normal girl, I guess."

"I wouldn't call you normal but there is always potencial." He narrowed his eyes, "You're lucky though, I don't normally open my schedule for training. Fortunately for you, I made an exception considering your circumstances."

"Oh, well I feel extremely grateful and I appreciate your services." Air began to feel quite nervous.

"What about you, Youngest Vality." His gaze directed towards Sapphire who stood proudly with her arms crossed.

"What about me? I could kick your ass in a heartbeat, and I wouldn't have to try very hard." Sapph cocked her head with her usual attitude.

Eugene wasn't impressed with her. "Right, but remember your tactics involved guns. Now that you're not the general anymore, your rights to conceal a weapon like that is terminated." He placed his foot forward and bent his knee while flexing his hand. "Let's see how you are with hand to hand combat."

"Oh it's on sun, boy!" Sapphire charged Eugene with a swift kick, whilst he blocked it with his forearm. The two went at it for a hot minute.

Airlaphree slowly scooted herself next to Demora, lowkey hiding behind her. "How are they so good? I don't think I could ever amount to something like that." Airlaphree said, beginning to doubt herself.

Demora was shocked for a moment but then began to smile. " Air, You've only just started this adventure. I trust that you'll do just wonderful, especially when in our dear brother's hands."

🔥 🔥 🔥

"So, what's the game plan?" Bruce trotted up to the circle of five who were conversing about the next mission.

"Well, the two of us will head in first. We need to be as sneaky as possible. If we fail to mess this up, we all will be considered dead." Dylan made sure his tone was consequential. "Bruce, I trust you to tranque the guards while Demora and Air Distract any witnesses. Meanwhile Clester, Jay, and I will sneak up to the second floor where there will be a number of security. That's where the two boys come in. If they can handle distracting everyone else, I'll be able to make my way to Pete. It sounds cliche and simple, but that's the best way to go about it."

"All right, man" Bruce pumped his fist into the air, "We got this! We are counting on you, Air! And the rest of you!" Everyone shouted with encouragement.

"Alright," Dylan interrupted. "Time to get dressed."

-------- I know, I know! It's a short chapter :'( but not to worry, I promise the next chapter will be a little longer next time! Also, Do you think Sapphire is all talk? or Do you think she could actually kick some ass?----