The Curse Of A Lullaby

"Koa international school was attacked by an unknown source." Air listened to the perky news lady on the television, while making the best french toast in the world. She could have the maids do it, but Airlaphree loved to cook. "No one knows who could have caused the gaping hole, but it does put a damper on the students' education." On the plus side, school was closed for a few days so she didn't have to worry about people antagonizing her. The downside is she would be home with her worst enemy.

Air's mind began to wonder about the vision she had yesterday with the blonde haired woman. "Was that my mom?" Air thought to herself. She didn't have any pictures of her, which made Airlaphree confused. She couldn't understand how that could have happened out of nowhere, and why now? Her thoughts were intruded when she heard the sound of her father's voice echoing through the kitchen.

" Since you have the day off, why don't you spend a little time with your good ol' dad?" He said sliding onto a stool that sat across from her.

"Sure," Air wiped the sweet maple crumbs off her face, "What would you want to do today?" Her dad never asked her to do anything, so she was genuinely excited.

"Well, I was thinking you could come watch me at work?" He smirked. "That way I can squeeze you in for some quality time."

"Um, why would I want to do that?" Air slouched into her seat.

"I'm not that horrible, you know?" He picked up a piece of french toast with his pointer and thumb. " I figured that if you come see how I do things, you'll realize that I'm not that bad of a guy." He responded with a shrug.

"Well, what are your plans for today?" Air looked at her feet, feeling a little disappointed he didn't ask her to do something normal. Even if it was just a walk around town.

Vector plopped the toast back on her plate. "I have a meeting about a possible funding going towards the school's new detachment." He had a mischievous smirk across his face.

"I mean, sure. I guess so." The sad girl shrugged her shoulders and kept her head lowered.

                                                                              🔥 🔥 🔥

The room they entered was clean and sharp. Her dad sat at the end of the white, spotless table, having Air sit on his left and B.j on his right. Not too much later, Dylan and her gym teacher, Bruce entered the room with a stern look in their eyes. Confused, Air looked at the two men dressed in nice suits with a concerning frow.

" Hello your majesty." The two spoke in sync as they bowed to their master.

"Welcome, school council. " Vector held up his hand and everyone took their seats as Dylan began the meeting.

"As you're all probably aware, Koa's International school has a gaping hole on the side of it."

"I am aware." Vector intertwined his fingers.

"Well," Bruce continued, "The school is low on funds and we need help from our fellow king. It's been over a year since the last donation and we are asking for your assistance."

"Right." Her father broke his grip and placed both palms on the table. " And you should still have enough money from the last time I donated'"

"We would have enough, but due to the programs that you enlisted, we're low." Dylan's jaw twitched as he clenched his teeth.

"Excuse me," Vector stood on his feet and towered over everyone " Are you talking back to me?" Your king? You're lucky I even helped out in the first place."

"With all due respect, Sir." Dylan arose from his seat. " You do represent this school and If you refuse to help when needed from you, the whole city will riot for seeing their king for who he really is."

"Do you think I care? Most of society fears me, and it's just the way I like it." Vector stood on his toes and leaned towards Dylan who was on the other side of the table. "B.J, get the door." Vector snarled with hate glistening in his pure black eyes.

The spikey haired, middle aged man got up and locked the door. He turned around and adjusted his goggles while smirking at Airlaphree. The whole time the poor girl was extremely uncomfortable. She thought her dad wanted to convince her that he wasn't so bad. Vector always had a hard time holding his anger, and Air knew that all too well. She shrunk back in her seat, hoping nothing extreme would happen. "D-dad?" She stuttered.

"Don't worry, sweetie. Everything will be just fine." He then took a deep breath and began to, sing?

"Be careful not to get lost, or you'll be astray"

Air began to feel numb. "What's going on?" She glanced over at Dylan and Bruce who genuinely looked worried for her, but stood there in silence.

"Just don't plan to stay, or soon you'll begin to drift away."

Immediately after Vector was done with his rhyme, obsidian black tribal marks began to slither across her pale skin. Airlaphree's hair turned white as snow, and her eyes turned to black as night. Before she knew it, Air blacked out and she wasn't herself anymore. Dylan swung his arm in front of his green haired friend in means to protect him.

Vector bellowed out an evil laugh, while the heated flames on his head increased in size. "Have fun." The meniacile king and his sidekick vanished through a door that led underneath the flooring, leaving the two men staring face to face with something vile.

Dylan slowly inched his way to the creature who was staring vacantly in a daze. "Airlaphree, are you alright?"

Within the next second Airlaphree slammed Dylan into the heavy duty table, causing him to break it in half. It would have killed him if he were normal or human. Before he even hit the table his whole body transformed into a jet black furry creature that stood on two feet and had a long, toothy snout. He had long straight horns sticking out of his head and his eyes were nothing but a bright vigorous yellow. Dylan grabbed a hold of Air's wrist, pulling her into a bear hug. Unfortunately for him, she was able to break out of it without hesitation. Her next target was Bruce, who happened to be in her view. He had unnatural-like muscles when he needed them, and this was the time. As the scrawny, yet powerful girl came charging, Bruce leaped in her direction and roughly placed a needle into her neck. Airlpahree slashed her nails across her opponent's cheek as she became dreary.

Airlaphree may have not been conscious during the fight ,but she was not fully gone. Another strange vision appeared, like the one she had at school but this time Air was older, and she was crying on a small twin sized bed. "Why do I always do these things?" She heard herself cry.

The blonde haired woman came and sat next to her, placing her hand on her quivering shoulders. "Honey, in life we make mistakes and that's ok. We're supposed to do things we'll regret so we can learn from the silly things we do. Plus I don't think accidentally taking your locker mates shoes is going to cause a big negative influence on your future." Her chuckle was like soft, warm music that came straight from heaven.

When her vision began to fade, Air began to come to her senses. Her vision was blurry but she could tell that she wasn't in a familiar place. "What-" is all she could mumble out before she felt a sharp pinch in the crease of her elbow. She began to panic.