| A Blue Box in Hell's Kitchen |

Yaz's pov:

The Doctor had suggested we take a break from all the alien fighting stuff for a while and go on a vacation. So of course, we were all more than happy to agree.

The Doctor told us about this planet called Lucerious. Apparently, there were these vast beaches with pink water scattered across the planet. The people there, the Doctor had told us were 8 feet tall (a little more than 2 1/2 meters), and their bodies were humanoid, except for the fact that they all had dark blue, scaly skin and long, dark hair on their heads that grew extremely fast and long.

We all packed our swim suits and beach gear more than ready to relax on the sandy beaches of this exotic new planet.

"Never thought I'd use this," The Doctor said while pulling something out of a bin. She held up a woman's one piece bathing suit. It was a dark blue color and had a zipper that came half way down the front. On it were 2 blue and yellow stripes that ran across the stomach of it.

She had a huge smile on her face as she held it up on display for everyone to see.

We all gave nods and thumb ups of approval as she strode over to the controls, while putting the bathing suit to the side.

The Doctor pressed buttons, spun the mini figure of the TARDIS and ate a biscuit from the dispenser before she pulled down the big handle lever, and we were off.

~

Though the ride was short, as it usually was, it was oddly bumpy and rough. The Doctor just brushed off our concerns by saying it was "just a bit of turbulence."

As soon as we landed, Ryan instantly exclaimed excitedly, "Here we come Lucerious!" We all laughed at this and walked to the doors.

We stepped out of the doors, with Graham in the lead, followed by me, Ryan, and finally, the Doctor.

"Where did we land now, Doc?" Graham asked with a look of  confusion on his face.

"What do you mean, Graham, we should be in Lucerious..." the Doctor replied, trailing off at the end, "Oh no."

"Oh no? What do you mean, oh no?" I asked, confused. I looked around and my confusion only grew. No beaches were in sight, just tall buildings and the constant lingering fog of city pollution.

"Don't tell me we landed on the wrong planet," Ryan complained pouting a little bit.

Oh, great. So we're in the wrong place again. So where are we this time?

"Um... well... It would seem that we are in a city," the Doctor said, a bit nervous, "In an alleyway in..." she then licked her finger and stuck it up in the air, "... New York City, 21st century... in another dimension."

"What?!" Me, Ryan and Graham all exclaimed in unison as if on cue.

The Doctor just let out a nervous giggle before beckoning us to follow her, her usual cheery smile returning to her face.

We, of course, followed her. It's not like we really had a choice. She was our only way home.

Besides, what could possibly go wrong in New York City I'm another dimension anyway?

We all left, not noticing the small cybernetic mouse that tagged along with us, scurrying away, or the blind man walking down the street torwards where we had parked.

Matt's pov:

It seems like a pretty peaceful day today, I thought, I wonder what kind of new cases we have.

I walked down the street without a care in the world. The city was pretty quiet today. Well, as quiet as it can get with my enhanced hearing. I passed by many alleyways, but this one I just passed caught my attention in particular. In the alleyway was an object. I couldn't quite place what it was from this distance. It was like a void, sucking in everything around it. It gave me some strange feelings as I walked by, slowing down. Barely able to control my curiosity any longer, I went to investigate.

~

As I turned into the alleyway I went on full alert, as I didn't know what to expect.

As I got closer my radar senses got clearer and less jumbled to the point I could make out a shape. A box. Upon further concentration I guessed it to be a police-box, or at least from what my Dad would describe to me as being one.

What is a police box doing in the middle of an alleyway in New York City?

It wasn't only the fact that there was an out of place police box there, but also the even stranger noises coming from inside.

I extended my senses, hearing inside the box to try and guess it's shape. I heard mechanical noises coming from what sounded like machines. I could tell that the space inside was massive. And there was that abyss again. It seemed to be almost... endless.

That doesn't make sense, how can so much space be inside such a small box? I felt my excitement booking as my heart rate quickened with anticipation, Well, there's only one way to find out...

As Matt walked up to the box he could hear the humming of the machines grow louder and louder. He got more curious by each step he took, until the curiosity became almost unbearable. He could practically feel his heart beating out of his chest, and he could feel the adrenaline running through his veins. I mean, who could blame him. Anybody else would've done the same thing, right?

Matt finally, after what felt to him like an eternity, was in front of the big blue doors (of course he couldn't see that they were blue) of the police box. He could smell the paint that coated it and felt the weird energy that it radiated, sucking in everything around it, which he was still trying to find out why. He folded up his cane and put it in his pocket as he reached for the handle...