| Cybermice, Robot Men, and Masked Vigilantes |

Author's pov:

-In an abandoned warehouse, somewhere in Hell's Kitchen-

The small silver mouse scurries over the concrete floor torwards the center of the warehouse with high-pitched electronic beeps.

Though it was small, the cybermouse, (hence the name), gave off huge amounts of energy.

Once it was in it's designated location, in the center of the floor, the small machine started to whir louder and louder, activating.

~

It's been almost 3 hours of the small creature building up energy, to power something, or, open something.

A small slit started to appear in the air in front of cybermouse, who was now almost setting off an alarm as the beeping turned into one continuous sound. The slit slowly grew, turning into a small hole and and eventually to the size of the back wall of the warehouse.

The hole, that was now a little more than half a story high, and almost as wide a flatbed truck, opened up to reveal the insides of a portal. Smoky shades of blue and purple could be seen spinning around in a whirlpool or vortex like pattern.

The cybermouse used so much energy to open the portal that it slowly drained power from nearby buildings, but eventually caused every light in Hell's Kitchen, to blow out. Leaving the whole area in complete darkness on a massive scale

Out of the portal came marching out an army of metal robot soldiers. Each one had a good on their right wrists. They were standing in an army formation.

Across the universe, (well their universe anyway), they are known as:

Cybermen.

These metal men were basically over glorified grave diggers with guns and no emotions. They used the corpses of the deceased, whether recent or from a hundred years ago, and 'convert' them into what they believe to be the superior race of emotionless, cold-blooded killers.

They then set out to conquer previously just their universe, but now this one too, and turn every living being into Cybermen just like them.

So, they did what they always do when coming to a new place: they started building a conversion factory.

Matt's pov:

After a long day of work, taking cases for no less than a box of pastries, or a bucketful of fresh caught trout (too fresh for my liking), and not to forget the long lecture both Foggy and Karen have me about "how I shouldn't just investigate strange accurances in broad daylight," I went back to my apartment. I ignored the neon sign that was buzzing outside my window, for I couldn't see it anyway, and instantly suited up. My day wasn't over yet.

It was time for my nightly rounds as none other than Daredevil.

So, I put on my red and black armored costume that had two holsters for my billy sticks, and two small decorative horns on the front of my mask, ('cause, you know. I am the Devil of Hell's Kitchen after all).

~

I jumped and swung from rooftop to rooftop, until I got to St. Patrick's Cathedral. I perched myself on one of the multiple large pillars near the front.

From there, I used my radar sense to hear anything that sounded out of the ordinary.

Car horn, bar fight, dog barking, club music...

That's when I heard it. Sparks were coming from electric boxes all over the place and all of the electricity in Hell's Kitchen just shut off, as if it was just drained.

I sat there confused for a second as I heard the drunken screams coming from a bar nearby. I didn't think to much about it though, since, I once again, heard the flow of electricity through wires just a few minutes later.

Just another blackout, I thought as I jumped from the church, ready to make sure no one was hurt in the confusion... and darkness.