| Here We Go Again |

Just a short(?) chapter for the wait. I'm really sorry for updating so little and slowly so this is just until I make a longer chapter. Enjoy~

!!!Quick Update about the last chapter!!!: I changed the last dialogue right before the author's note, so for the stories sake, please read that.

It's literally one line, bear with me... ':)

Yaz pov:

We walked through the doors. The building looked even more grand on the inside than outside. The walls were blindingly white and pillars reached up to the cieling. People walked in every which way, almost all of them wearing some kind of suit, I only spotted a few people wearing something less than a button up. Suddenly, I felt severely underdressed wearing my casual street clothes.

I glanced at Ryan, who looked just as amazed and nervous as I felt. Graham was next to him, looking at his grandson's expression with fondness and a small smirk. When I looked at the Doctor she didn't looked bothered at all. She actually seemed like this was her area of expertise.

What isn't her area of expertise? I thought with an eyeroll and a sigh. Though for anyone who knew her, they would spot the underlying layer of fondness in her expression.

Brought back to the present moment by the Doctor clapping, she began to explain our game plan.

"Wow, the Doctor having a plan? That's a new one." Ryan said with a smirk. Graham gently but admonishingly hit his arm. I rolled my eyes.

The Doctor started explaining, ignoring the interruption completely.

"Alright gang, fam? Here's what we're going to do. We just have to walk around a bit while this," she pulled out... something from her pocket. I'm still getting used to this whole "bigger one the inside" stuff. It was definitely made of metal, or at least metal looking things, and, was that a toothbrush? Safe to say it looked absolutely rediculous. She waved it around a bit, "scans for anything of alien origin. Or, to put it simply, goes 'ding'." She smiled like, well, a madwoman. "Machine that goes 'ding' 2.0!"

"2.0?" Graham.

"Yep." And with that, she walked further into the court house.

We walked down a hallway until we reached a sign saying "holding cells". The Doctor stopped and took out her... Ding Machine ("2.0!") and scanned ahead, as well as around, the cells.

After the result seemed to satisfy her, she started walking again, the three of us fallowing behind.

We walked deep down the fairly quiet corridor, passing many rooms. I could see a couple people in them sometimes, usually looking disgruntled, sometimes even guilty. Of what, I'll probably never know. The Doctor walked in like she owned the place, no sign of discomfort anywhere on her. If it wasn't for her colorful clothing, people would probably think she did own the place.

As we got closer to what I assumed , she pulled out her machine again. Though it didn't 'ding' it did whir a bit.

The Doctor stopped at a door where the whirring seemed to be coming from the most and opened it.

We walked in.

"Hullo there!" The Doctor said cheerily to the scarce occupants of the room, consisting of two guards and a kid no older than me or Ryan.

I kinda feel bad for him actually.

"And who are you?" One of the guards said, blocking us from coming any closer.

The Doctor whipped out her psychic paper. "You were sent by the DA's office?"

"If that what it says, then yes. Jane Smith, but just call me the Doctor. These are my associates Ryan, Graham and Yaz. And who are you?" She directed that last part at the young man sitting at the table.

"Hold on, aren't those two a little young to be working at the DA's office? And isn't he a little... old?" Guard Number Two, who we'll call Bob, interrupted.

"I'll have you know I-"

"If you have any problems, feel free to take it up with the DA. But for now, we have business to attend, so stop wasting our time." Graham sent me a pointed look that said "just cooperate for now, we don't want to get caught" so I backed off with ab annoyed huff.

"Alrighty then," the Doctor clapped, "now that that's done with, what's your name?"

The kid looked up in dismay. "Martin. Martin Jones."

"Nice to meet you Martin Jones, what're you in here for? You seem like a nice enough kid." The Doctor moved past to their protests.

"How do you not know why he's in here if you were sent by the DA's office?" Guard Number One, who we'll call Hazel, questioned.

"Of course I know why he's in here," she waved off the question, "I just want to hear his version."

At that moment there was a knock. Hazel opened the door and in walked non other than Matt Murdock.

~

I am so so so so so sooo sorry for not posting in such a long freaking time, it really didn't feel as long as it was, but I am back now and will be posting more than just one chapter a year (though you might have to wait a couple months in between)

As for my other story "Under Extreme Circumstances" that is still under hiatus while I focus on this mainly. If you really want me to update that sooner though, I will try my best. ':)

Thanks for all the read! I love you all, especially the ones who comment. You are keeping this thing off life support. '~u~

-Sage

Word count: 765 (without the ANs if course)