CHOI BEOMGYU

I get on the train leaving for Daegu later that evening. I lean back on my seat and plug in my earphones, ready for the trip. I tap my foot faintly as I listen to the music and more people fill the train. In a matter of minutes, the doors close.

I put up the hood of my pink hoodie and close my eyes, quietly humming to the song blasting through the earphones. I continue to tap my shoes slightly and notice a pair of familiar peach shoes come in to view.

I sigh regretfully. I could've talked to her earlier. I couldn't stop thinking about it for the rest of the afternoon.

At that moment I stop moving because the shoes have the same minor tears as the shoes of the girl at the milk tea shop.

So, very slowly, I look up and another pair of surprised eyes meet mine.

MIN YUJIN

"Last call for passengers bound for Daegu! The doors will be closing in 5 minutes."

The voice blasts all around me as I rush to catch the train. I had woken up late because my cousin turned off the alarm before I woke up from my nap, thinking it was her own. This resulted in an extremely quick bath, a pair of mismatched socks, and no dinner.

I run through the busy crowd, apologizing here and there whenever I accidentally hit someone.

"...doors closing"

I jump through the closing doors with all the energy I have left, making it right in time and I watch them close firmly behind me. I bend over to catch my breath. Running through a train station with a heavy backpack isn't exactly how I pictured my trip back home.

Finally composing myself, I walk away from the doors, looking for a place to sit. I then spot a vacant one and take a seat beside a hooded figure. His pink hoodie reminds me of the guy earlier, and I continue to think about what could've been if I introduced myself.

I take my seat and sigh. I look down at the ground and study my shoes, then notice his.

They're dark blue.

Then it hits me.

And at that exact instance, his own eyes move up to meet my surprised ones.

It's him.

I immediately look away. No fucking way. I almost laugh at how impossible it is. I shake away the stupid thoughts and put up my own hood. I hastily take out my phone and earphones to distract me from any other thoughts.

I shut my eyes and try to lose myself in the music.

I play my favourite song and try to follow the lyrics, but it's useless.

The guy beside me is wearing pink. He's also wearing the same shoes as the guy earlier. And joggers.

I bang my head slightly with my fist and try singing along.

*tap tap tap*

I jerk at the sudden contact, causing the boy to do too. He bangs his head on the window and I cringe at the mess I had made.

CHOI BEOMGYU

I rub my head tenderly, massaging the painful area. I open my eyes and see her apologetic ones. She takes off her earphones promptly and asks if I'm okay.

"I'm so sorry!! Are you okay?" she says while brushing her hand through her hair, visibly nervous.

"Yeah, I'm good," I tell her. I try for a smile. "I'm the one who tapped your shoulder and surprised you," I add while trying not to stare at her hair falling flawlessly back into place.