CHOI BEOMGYU

"I had a crush on him and confessed in front of his girlfriend and I didn't even know they were together??? But yeah that's why I'm avoiding him."

Oh.

Soobin pats her back. "That sucks," he says seriously. Everyone else hums some sorts of comforting words and I look down at my empty container of food, trying to dismiss the strange feeling I feel.

She laughs. "That was the past. I'm over him."

This statement does nothing to make me feel better and all that's stuck i my brain is the stupid face of the guy.

"Good. Now I can make fun of you," I hear Taehyun say.

I feel like I'm burning inside.

I excuse myself from the room to find something to cool myself down. For some reason, I find myself banging my head against one of the posts in a deserted corridor.

What the hell what am I doing. Why do I need to calm down in the first place.

Suddenly my forehead hits something that clearly isn't the wall. I hear a soft 'ouch' and turn in surprise, following the hand that is connected to the outstretched arm of Yujin.

She stares up at me with a frown. "I tried calling you but you were too invested in... whatever you were doing," her arm returns to her side. "Are you okay?"

I scratch the back of my head in embarrassment. "Yeah. Just cooling down."

Her head cocks to the side, a tiny and simple but unbelievably adorable gesture. "Cooling down? Why, what's wrong?"

What is wrong?

I shrug and she looks so confused. "Okay?? Well you don't have to tell me anyway." Before I can respond she shakes her head. "That wasn't sarcasm!! You really don't have to if you don't feel like it!" she practically screams and I smile.

"Hey I didn't think you were being sarcastic...I just really don't know what...I don't know I guess I'm just tired," I laugh. "So tired I can't even come up with proper sentence structures."

She smiles. "It's okay. That happens to everyone I guess? Or is it just me? Or you and me since it just happened to you?" I watch in amusement as she begins mumbling to herself. She catches me and stops. "Sorry."

I shake my head. "Nothing to he sorry about," I say trying to suppress a smile. My eyes trail down to her hand. "Is your hand okay? I might've hit it hard."

She seems to just remember this and holds it up, examining it. "Well you do have a hard head, that's for sure. If it weren't for my strong bones I might've ended up with a fracture."

I roll my eyes. "Hahaha," I say sarcastically but a smile is plastered on my face.

She grins as she puts her hand back down and points in the direction of our practice room. "Let's go back? It's almost time to head home."

I nod and we walk side by side. "Did you just go out to come get me?" I ask.

"Yep. I lost rock-paper-scissors. We played to decide who would call you since you were taking so long and you left your phone," she says this nonchalantly but I still apologize. "Nah it's fine. I need to walk off the extremely heavy meal of salad we had for dinner."

I chuckle. "Maybe you should bring your own food next time? We don't want you to starve with us. You're already pretty thin." Her face contorts into a pained expression and I apologize.

She shakes her head. "Oh no...sorry it's just..." she places a hand on her abdomen. "Stomachache I guess."

I watch her face remain as it is, her eyebrows furrowed and her lip caught between her teeth. Before I can ask if she's okay, we arrive at the practice room. She enters first and lets her hand fall back to place as she greets the boys who are getting ready to leave. I head toward my stuff but stop abruptly at a loud voice.