이십삼

CHOI BEOMGYU

The door in the hallway opens up and the first to come into sight is Taehyun. He sees us both and then greets Jin hyung first.

"Happy Birthday hyung!!" He says beaming. When he comes into the light I get to see his face more clearly. His eyes are puffy, evidence he got emotional earlier.

Luckily for him, either Jin hyung doesn't notice, or he's more considerate because he doesn't comment.

"Thank you Taehyun! What time did you arrive?"

Kai walks out the room behind him, closely followed by Yujin. A few more words are exchanged, but my eyes are fixed on her and I don't hear what they talk about.

She smiles at Jin-hyung but when our eyes meet, she looks away quickly.

It hurts me. A lot. But I act as if nothing's wrong and join the conversation the others are having, forcing myself to be okay with how she looks so comfortable next to Kai.

"What time are the others arriving?" Hyung asks.

"In time for dinner," Taehyun answers while coming closer to where we are. He looks at all the food with curiosity and eyes of excitement.

The door opens and Namjoon hyung enters. His face lights up at the sight of us, and his eyes rest on Yujin, concern evident. She smiles at him, making me feel even worse. Why does he get a smile?

"Where are the others?" he asks.

"They're arriving later, but they'll be here," Taehyun assures him.

He nods satisfied and goes in the direction of the rooms. "Hope and Yoongi hyung came with me. They just went to the convenience store to buy some ice cream," he informs us. "I'll be right back out," he says before entering his room and closing the door.

As if they timed it, the 2 others he arrive and come through the door as his shuts.

Hobi hyung looks pleasantly surprised. "You're here! What time did you get here? What about the others?"

This time Yoongi hyung speaks for us. "They got here some time after lunch. Soobin and Yeonjun are gonna be on time for dinner." He walks over to the fridge with what I presume to be the ice cream since he places it into the freezer.

Hobi approaches Kai and Yujin and together they sit on the couch and start chatting away. I stare, but stop immediately when Taehyun notices me.

Yoongi hyung gets closer to the food and peers at all of it. "That's a lot," he comments. "But knowing the way we eat, that's a good thing," he adds smiling. I laugh lightly at that with Taehyun.

Jin nods. "I was going to leave out the fried chicken, but it's safer to get more food. At least we can store it."

Yoongi hyung places a hand on my shoulder. "Don't you worry about your diets. We asked the company, of course."

Taehyun grins happily. "Thank you!!"

I eye the group on the couch again, making Yoongi hyung squeeze my shoulder comfortingly. "Give it time. She'll come around," he tells me softly. I feel slightly embarrassed and awkward, but appreciate it nonetheless.

How ever long she needs.

Okay, maybe not.

It's 8 pm we're finishing up dessert, and not ONCE has she even looked at me. If she did, it was probably by accident because she'd look away instantly.

I eat my ice cream quietly, surrounded by the others, people I couldn't care less to specify at the moment. It's not Kai or Soobin though, since they're both next to her on the couch laughing their heads off about some stupid video.