십사

CHOI BEOMGYU

It's already 7:45 and she hasn't made contact with us. "Is she okay?"

Taehyun sighs. "Why don't you ask her yourself?"

I keep silent.

He rolls his eyes. "Hyung, just because she's crushing on another guy doesn't mean you have no chance. And aren't you friends? Isn't it kind of selfish to avoid her just because she likes another guy."

I scoff. "Taehyun this 'guy' you're referring to is THE Jeon Jungkook. That's already enough to know that I kind of don't stand a chance."

"Okay fine, but you're friends. Don't you think it's kind of childish? She doesn't say it, but I know she's hurt. You always used to talk."

I don't answer him and take another bite of my Kimbap. He shakes his head and proceeds to eat his as well.

"Fine I'll ask her." He stands up to get his phone from the room. I sigh in relief. "I'm actually surprised that she didn't call for rescuing. Maybe she did make new friends."

He returns with his handphone and unlocks it. His eyes scan and read his messages. I peer over and see that she hasn't been active since this morning.

Taehyun frowns. "Okay she might have been kidnapped." I slap his arm and he laughs. "I'm kidding. I'll call her mobile."

He turns on speaker mode and places it down on the table. We both stare and I listen with anticipation for her to answer the call.

"Hello?"

I relax in my seat and Taehyun picks it up to hold closer to his mouth. "Are you alive? Do you not need us anymore? Have we been replaced." Her laugh sounds through the phone and I end up smiling. Taehyun makes kissy faces at me and I glare back.

"Now look at who's the drama queen. Did you miss me that much?"

"Beomgyu made me call you."

My head snaps up and start waving my hands around. "What the hell?!" I mouth. He tells me to shush and points at his phone, telling me to listen. I cross my arms with a huff and stare at him fiercely.

"H-he did? O-oh."

This seems like a victory to Taehyun as he starts beaming at me like I should consider it to be one as well. I don't change my position.

"I think you're lying. He hasn't talked to me in 2 weeks." Two weeks? It feels like it's been longer.

Taehyun looks at me pointedly and a feeling of guilt starts washing over me. Taehyun shoves the phone into my hands, now being the one to cross his arms and sit back expectantly.

"How was your day?" I ask quietly and Taehyun pinches the bridge of his nose.

The momentary silence starts to make me feel nervous, but she responds.

"It was okay. The three of you boys and Hyeongjun apparently have a nickname."

Taehyun looks up, intrested. "Really? What name?" I ask, my heart beating faster from being able to talk to her once again. Does she know it's me?

"Okay try not to throw-up," she chuckles a bit before telling us. "The 4 gems. You are apparently, untouchable."

Taehyun and I share a look. "What?" I say, not sure if she's kidding.

"I'm serious," she laughs. "During lunch, these girls approached me and asked me my relationship with the 4 gems. I swear I thought I was gonna explode from holding back my laughter."