십육

MIN YUJIN

Please be quiet I'm trying to study

God after all these years you still can't control your own thoughts.

I grip at my hair in frustration and my pen rolls off the table and on to the ground. I shut my eyes tightly and try to silence my loud mind that prevents me from working.

You look like a crazy person. Or a person who wants attention.

I know.

Of course. You just told you. Because I'm you.

Please be quiet. I didn't bring any painkillers and you're making things worse.

How many times will you have to be told that I am literally you. You are legit the only person who can make me (you) shut up...? God you're stupid.

Why do you hate me so much?

Oh shit you're me.

"Yujin?"

I lift my head to see Jungkook and Taehyung staring down at me. I rushingly fix my hair and stand up to greet them.

"Hi! I'm sorry I was answering some schoolwork."

No you were talking to you.

Can you please shut the hell up.

Again–

Both of them don't look convinced and I see Taehyung eyeing the pen that is a few centimetres away from him. Jungkook smiles meaningfully and I remind myself that he knows. I look away and Taehyung bends down then hands me my pen. I take it gratefully and sit back down.

"We were about to go grab dinner. Do you want to come?" My eyes shift to the clock nearby and I'm shocked to see that it's already 7. Three hours ago I told the boys I'd do my homework.

I felt worse knowing Beomgyu was trying to ask me if I was okay, but I couldn't take it. Being around people can really get to me.

You're such a bad friend

I know.

Jungkook takes out his phone. "I'll text your brother. Put on your hoodie, we're going now."

Before I can say anything, Taehyung gets to my side of the table and nudges me out, taking my hoodie as he does so. I try and fight back, saying my school stuff might get lost but they ignore my pleas and proceed to drag me to the elevator.

I sigh in defeat and take the hoodie out of Taehyung's hands who smiles at me cheekily. I stick my tongue out at him and put on the piece of clothing.

"So...Beomgyu, huh?" Jungkook says from my right just as the elevator doors open and I already know that this dinner is gonna be torture.

Jungkook, Taehyung, Jimin, and Jhope, whenever I would visit Yoongi even when he was still a trainee, always loved to play around with me. My brother feels like I got my knack for mischief from the two youngest ones especially, since Jimin and Jhope did nothing but shower me with hugs and buy me clothes.

Jin on the other hand just loved to feed me. Unlike the younger ones where I felt like their sister, he treated me more like a daughter, and taught me how to cook and other practical life skills.

Namjoon was always polite and nice, and according to Yoongi I'd always run to him if not my brother when they'd tease me too much and I'd start crying. He was the first one I met, since he and Yoongi were the first of the group. I suppose I naturally grew closer to him. He enjoyed reading to me and honestly half of the things he said made no sense since he read books on his level, while I was 7. As I grew older, he began talking to me about philosophical topics like I'd understand, and eventually I did. Similar to Taehyun, he challenged me to think beyond what I know.