One

Louis ran his thumb across Harry's cheek, staring lovingly into his bright green eyes. Harry smiled, his dimples on full display.

"Harry?" Louis asked. "I don't how you'll react to hearing me say this, but... um..."

Harry stared intently into the older boy's eyes. He was eager to hear what Louis had to say. "You know you can tell me anything Lou."

"It's just... this is different. Argh- fuck it! Okay, I'm just gonna say it... please don't judge me," Louis looked up at Harry with teary, feeble eyes. Harry wondered what could be bothering Louis this much to make the usually confident boy so vulnerable.

Harry opened his mouth to speak but Louis quickly brought his finger to Harry's lips. Harry raised an eyebrow. Why was Louis acting like this?

"Harry, just don't say anything. Please. It hurts hearing your voice when I know that you'll probably never talk to me again after I say this".

Harry almost choked on the water he was sipping.  He was starting to feel a little worried now. What had Louis done that had been so bad? Overall, he was a pretty sensible boy; he would never shoplift or such, cheat, or get into fights at school. This boy sitting in front of him did not sound like the Louis that he knew.

Harry spoke up. "What have you done Louis? I promise I won't tell anyone." He held his pinky finger out, a dopey smile on his face.

Louis swatted it away, frustrated."Harry, can you please stop being so childish? This is kind of a big deal."

"Okay," Harry ran a hand through his curls. "Sorry. Carry on."

"I'm just going to get this over and done with, alright?"

"Alright." Harry bit his lip and looked into Louis' crystal blue eyes. He grabbed Louis' trembling hand gently to show his support. He noticed a bead of sweat on his forehead. "I'm here for you Louis. I'm right here."

"That's the thing Harry! You're right here," Louis choked, his eyes brimming with tears. "You're right here, and I'm lost in my head, constantly dreaming about things that aren't, and things that will never happen. I'm fucking lost in the clouds! Like... like..." Louis groaned in frustration and hid his face in his hands.

"Harry," he whispered. "I think I like you more than just a friend."

Harry's heart skipped a beat before it returned to it's abnormally fast pace. He felt a wave of blood rush to his head. Louis liked him like that? Louis Tomlinson, the boy Harry had been pining over for years, wanted to be more than friends? This is what dreams were made of.

Harry looked into Louis' timid eyes, a massive smile plastered on his face. "God Tomlinson... If only you'd known I've been thinking the same thing this entire time."

Harry then closed the small gap between his and Louis' lips and felt the weight of the world lifted from his shoulders. This was happening. This was really happening. Harry could feel serotonin running through his veins and butterflies frantically flitting around in his stomach. He had Louis in his arms now and that was all that mattered. He was falling, leaving all fears and worries of his life behind, falling into a happier and brighter future.

Falling back into reality.

_____________________

Harry groaned as his phone alarm rang loudly in his ear. He had just been rudely awakened from yet another one of those amazing yet chimeric dreams about his friend, Louis. Harry had been having a concerning amount of dreams about this boy, and if he was being honest, he didn't know how to feel about it. Having dreams about someone important to you can be great if you have any inkling of chance with them. Otherwise, these dreams can be merely a harsh reminder of what will never be.