X

Walks along the beach at sunset? Waves gently lapping at the shore? A pretty pink sky, slowly fading into orange? The beautiful boy he had been pining over for years? Yes, please.

Harry smiled as him and Louis walked along the beach in bare feet that Monday night. This has been the second time they had done this, and Harry was loving it. All the sunsets they had had in this trip so far had been pretty, but this one was even better.

"Wanna sit down and watch?" The older boy suggested, and Harry grinned widely.

"That would be nice," Harry said softly.

The two boys sat down on the sand, and Harry say Louis wince out of the corner of his eye.

"Tattoo sore?" Harry asked.

"Yeah," Louis laughed.

"I can't believe out of all places you could get a tattoo, you got one on your ass."

"What?" Louis giggled. "It needed something."

Harry raised his eyebrows and smirked. "Are you gonna let me see it?"

"Fuck no!" Louis said and looking down "If you want to see it you can..." Louis paused. That was too far...you can't say things like that. For all you know, Harry doesn't reciprocate your feelings.

"What?" Harry asked, puzzled.

"Nothing," Louis blushed, and made a mental note not to bring up his tattoo again. "I just forgot what I was gonna say."

Harry laughed. "That's okay." He sighed, admiring and sunset. "The sky is so pretty."

"Isn't it?" Louis replied. "It's beautiful."

Harry turned his head around to look into Louis' stunning eyes. He suddenly had the urge to throw himself to throw himself at the boy and eat his face off, but he couldn't do that. Louis didn't like him like that.

Louis stared back at Harry, and let a small smile form on his lips. "Your eyes... your eyes are... really pretty." Louis whispered.

Harry smiled widely. He felt so happy right now. Louis always made him feel some kind of way. "So are yours," he smirked.

Louis looked down at the sand and then back up at the boy in front of him, and then cleared his throat. "Harry, can I- can I ask you something?"

From the outside, Harry might've looked like those few words hadn't affected him at all, but really, his heart began beating rapidly and he body suddenly felt numb. He swallowed at looked up at Louis. "Yeah, sure." He tried to say as calmly as possible.

Was this it? Was Louis confessing his feelings to him? Surely not. He didn't like him like that. He wasn't gay. Maybe he was asking for advice on that Eleanor girl? Hopefully not.

"Well..." Louis began, swallowing. "When, and like, how did you know you were gay? I'm asking for a friend." Louis mentally face palmed at how ridiculous that sounding. Asking for a friend? They were on a camping trip in practically the middle of nowhere for fucks sake!

Harry smiled. "How did I know I was gay?"

"Yeah," Louis said nervously. He couldn't make this to obvious... it would ruin everything.

"Well, first, I think I was about 14 or 15, and I kind've lost interest in dating and girls all together? All my friends were dating girls, and I didn't really feel comfortable with it, even though I was quite the ladies' man when I was a little younger."

Louis smirked and rolled his eyes fondly. "You're all talk."

Harry laughed. "Believe it or not, it's true. Now shut up so I can carry on."