four.

"sorry but i'm gonna have to decline your offer, very cool though! thanks," she replied, looking at him weirdly. he frowned lightly, "why not?"

"oh you know, places to be, people to meet.." she said whilst waving her hand listlessly in circles. he hummed in response, taking in her face and form.

"i suppose. that is why i'm here after all," he states. "you have fun with that then," y/n replied, fidgeting with some of her rings before heading off. he looked after her in curiosity before his attention returned to what he was actually there for, technically not a lie from what he had told her.

as she headed down the hall, thankfully nearing the receptionist, her vision was cut off by (once more) a dude she had been interested in. this time the prettier one. he had been standing in the hall, (for what reason? i dont know, he probably has some though,) before y/n had stepped in front of him, blocking her own vision as she was too focused on messing with her various rings. "hm? o h."

she took a step back while staring up at the long haired male. "sorry if i blocked you from walking," she said up to him, even though he was the one standing in the hall for no reason. he tilted his head, his black locks shifting with his face, "hmm? no, you're quite alright," he said simply, staring, (very uncomfortably), into her eyes. "although, perhaps not next time," he stated, a darker aura surrounding him.

"sick," she said, not really noticing or caring about the hostility from him. he took a step up to her, gently lifting her face with the end of one of his needles he had somehow gotten out. "why do you seem familiar?"  he asked.

she shrugged, careful not to push her own chin into the needle, "probably the hunter exam.." she trailed off, her face lazy and wistful. "the exam?" "mhm, that's what i said." and with that, he further pressed the needle into her skin, causing a trail of blood to crawl down her chest. "it'd do you best to not be so sarcastic," he states.

"well lucky for you, i'm not exactly looking out for my best interest," she replies while smiling softly. he's slightly taken aback and once more cutely tilts his face. "well. there's someone i must be seeing now." with that, he takes away the needle and walks off, hair swishing slightly.

she sighs softly, 'may have almost died but honestly? kinda worth it. wait. no. that's not what i should be thinking wtf' she thinks, before finally getting her shit together and walking to the receptionist.