twelve.

it was loud. very loud.

the arena was filled, many eager to see the needlework of illumi once more. hisoka had actually managed to get pretty good seats, surprising y/n. the two watch on as the two fighters come out; illumi and another man literally named grim.

at least his name fit. the man was clad in head to toe black; a turtleneck, slacks, a weird very long trench coat and finally a hat. like one of those page boy type hats. his hair was cropped just above the shoulder, strikingly white compared to the rest of his outfit.

'not too bad..' she thought to herself, looking at the guys appearance on one of the tvs. hisoka noticed the staring and smirked slightly.

"...three! go!" the two dashed at eachother, although illumi had the obvious lead. he struck the man in the shoulder with one of his needles, tching slightly at the miss. he had been going for the neck but it would work nonetheless.

immediately, his opponent crippled to the ground. illumi stood above him, taking the needle out. what he wasn't expecting was the man to spring back up and slash him in the cheek, even hisoka looked surprised.

"uh, hisoka, was that meant to happen..."

"no, in fact knowing illumi he put some sort of paralysis effect on the needle. and yet, this guy managed to overcome it immediately."

illumi jumped back quickly, the announcer quickly commenting on the flee.

"oh! look at that! it seems illumi did not expect this turn! in fact, if i remember correctly this is the first time he has ever been injured!"

y/n breathes out harshly, "yikes. that's tough."

the man smirked before lunging at illumi again, attempting to strike his face. illumi had already realized this was going to happen and in a mere second he had twisted the mans entire arm around, breaking it in nearly every possible spot.

the crowd gasps as the announcer exclaims, "oh how things have turned! will grim be able to continue fighting without his dominant hand?"

the man grimaces, kicking at illumis midsection leaving a stab wound. "oh what! how did that get there? does grim have some kind of hidden knife on his foot?!"

illumi places a hand to the spot and looks mildly surprised to see such a wound. nonetheless, he sprints at the black clad male with a ferocious bloodlust, scaring even the audience.

in a matter of seconds, grim was reduced to a mere pile of blood and some vaguely flesh like pieces. the crowd is silent as the announcer struggles to say anything, the referee shakily announcing illumi as the victor.

to y/n's side, she can see hisoka smirking and she finds herself smiling slightly as well. everyone begins to cheer as illumi turns to the pairs seat and makes direct eye contact with the two.

a twitch of a smile appears on his face as he exits the arena.