Chapter 5 း 驚き

「FIVE :」
Aoi Akane | Surprise
A few days later...

──── ・ I continue to respectfully appreciate some of my schoolmates here who were greeting me for it is my birthday today. I was also heading to our School Garden since Yashiro-san told me to meet up with here there this lunch time.

"Happy Birthday, Akane-san!" I smiled at Yokoo-kun after he greeted me, I was about to bow at him and say thank you when Satou-kun greeted me also so I switched my gaze to him.

"Happy Birthday, Aoi-senpai!" I heard Satou-kun said.

"Thank you, Yokoo-kun and Satou-kun!" I bowed at the two of them and thanked them. Afterwards, I waved goodbye to them since I still need to head to our School Garden.

Continuing to strut down the halls to the Garden. I was about to turn to my side where the staircase is leading to the ground floor. When I felt that I accidentally bumped at someone.

"Oh! G-Gomen--" I bowed my head a little and apologized.

But when I looked up, I saw the student I accidentally bumped on was now walking a distance away. I was about to finally go down the stairs again. When both of my eyes focused at a red object near the staircase.

I slowly walked towards it and clearly saw the object now. I realized that it's a red notebook. I picked it up and looked behind my back where I last saw the girl. Yup, the student was actually a girl.

I caught one last glimpse of her swaying silver-hair before she's slowly disappearing in my sight. Since she was walking too fast and far.

"W-Wait you dropped something!" I tried to catch her attention but now I completely lost my sight of her and she's way too far now. I was about to follow her when I heard someone panting behind me.

"A-Aoi-senpai! I finally found you!" I looked behind me and saw Minamoto-kun panting while looking at me. I unconciously gripped the notebook I'm holding behind my back tightly.

"I'm just gonna put this at the lost and foun--" I didn't get to finish what I was saying when he suddenly pulled my hand and ran making me ran too.

"Sorry, Senpai! But everyone is really waiting for you!" I heard him said while running.

Gripping on the notebook tightly as we ran. I switched my gaze up and found out that we were running towards the School Garden.

---

And the moment Kou-kun and I reached our School Garden, I felt my eyes teary and a small smile peeking at my lips not because of sadness but because of happiness.

Despite my blurry vision, I smiled widely as I saw them get out of their hiding places all in slow motion at my point of view. Feeling my heart getting filled with gratitude and joy.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY AOI-CHAN!"

With all the balloons and party decorations all over the place. I felt Yashiro-san hugging me tightly. I felt both my arms hugging her back as I heard her whisper something to me.