Chapter 17 း 涙

「SEVENTEEN :」
Kou Minamoto | Unshed Tears

──── ・ Silence reigned the whole room after Hanako-kun asked his twin. But it became even more quiet when Tsukasa shaked his head.

BOOGSSHHH!!

Suddenly all our attention went to door that was slammed opened. My mouth hanged opened when I looked at my side and saw Akane-kun with his mouth agape too.

Wait a second?! If Akane-kun is here, then who---

Switching back my gaze at the opened door. We saw Yari-senpai got slightly pushed inside the room by my brother.

WAIT! MY BROTHER?!

I schockingly looked at the two of them that were now arguing. I even saw at my peripheral vision that the others were looking confused too.

"You can ask her now!" Teru-nii said then he moved closer to Yari-senpai as if he took something off her neck.

And everything turned into slow motion when we gaze at her eyes that slowly glimmered as it slowly changes its color from amethyst to silver-white like her haircolor.

Now her silver-white orbs stared at us, the moment my brother took her amulet off of her.

I saw her silver-white irises wandering around. As if she can see everyone. The humans and even the spirits. I even saw at my peripheral vision that Shijima-san looked so bewildered.

"No! He's wrong! I-I barely know anything!" Yari-senpai said while shaking her head.

"Nope! That won't work now. I've been watching you, I knew you found out something already." Yari-san stared at my brother in awe after he said that.

WAIT! What did my brother just said?!

Does that mean?! MY BROTHER JUST STALKED YARI-SENPAI?! (╯°□°)╯

We heard Ishimiya-san sighed and looked around again.

"I just recently found out about these things---" Shs didn't get to finish what she was saying when Hanako-kun asked her.

"Who is Shio Ikata?"

I saw Yari-senpai stilled a little and then she sighed afterwards. "He's my great-grandfather's son. The one who got in jailed for something he didn't really do. For he was just trying to find justice for one of the most important person in his life. Yet, got accused and even sentenced to prison. However, while still being imprisoned. He still helped find the right justice despite everyone hating on him. But then lost to an unbeatable oppenent which was Time. And also became part of the mystery that wasn't rightly justified and just sadly remained in the past." She explained, slowly the coldness turned like ice-blizzard as it became more evident in her voice. Out of shock, all of us froze. After a few moments of silence reigning, someone then spoke.

"H-He's your grandfather?" Akane-kun asked, in which she simply just nodded to.

"But why is he an Ikata when you're an Ishimiya?" Shijima-san then asked out of curiosity.

"Shio is the last surname holder of Ikata reigning from our family. Since my grandmother married an Ishimiya then they had a son. And her son had a wife. Then they had a daughter. The Ishimiya, reigning of our surname currently ends with me." She explained. "Whether I die or get married to someone, either my last name will remain or get changed." She added.

"What is his connection with me?" We all looked at Tsukasa-kun when he asked that. Seriousness was the only emotion etched in his eyes.

"You don't remember?" The tone of her voice now became even colder. However, confusion was now etched at Tsukasa's eyes. "No offense. But I pity now my grandfather." We looked at her as she said that.

"I pity him for treating you as someone very important in his life. While you're here, couldn't remember even a single bit about him." She added.

Silence and coldness reigned the whole room. And the evening wind even helped in contributing for the coldness of the room.

"Well. . ." Tsukasa mumbled as he held his chin. "He does ring a bell. Does he like playing soccer?" He asked and Yari-senpai nodded.

Then he chuckled. But it all caught our attention for even if he chuckled, sadness was the only emotion with it.

"Why am I---suddenly getting sad?" He mumbled but we all heard. Especially, when his voice cracked.

Then we saw Yari-senpai point at Yashiro-san. "I recently found out about this also." She muttered. "Yashiro-san dreams about the memories of Shio Ikata." We saw Yashiro-san's magenta orbs widened. "While I dreamt about the memories of. . .

Yugi Tsukasa."

All of us stilled after hearing what she said.

"Yugi. . ." Despite knowing that there are two boys here with a name like that.

Tsukasa-kun was the only one who switched his gaze at Yari-senpai when she called him.

"It's unfair, isn't it?" He looked up and Yari-senpai. And his golden-orbs glimmered when the light from the moon reflected on it. Unshed tears. His unshed tears became visible.

"You forgot something very important to you. . .

even if you didn't want to."