Chapter Three

02. Singing Suspicions

Magdelena had been confused when a line of caravans pulled into the main square, but after servants in the kitchen spilled the beans about the Prince's birthday being celebrated that night with a large feast. She raced back to Uther's chambers smiling brightly at the King, shocked to find Arthur there, then remembering she was usually gone before he arrived and she was back after he left, "Father?" the emotion in Arthur's voice made her stop in her tracks and hide behind the small screen.

"You think I would ever forget that today is the anniversary of your birth?" Uther asks making Magdelena smile at the words from Uther, "I take it there are plans for suitable celebrations this evening?"

"A feast, and, erm, some entertainment," Arthur says sounding slightly awkward but sad about the whole thing, "I'll tell you all about it tomorrow."

"Nonsense," Uther says staring at his son, "You think I would miss my son's anniversary?" Magdelena was unable to hide any more as she came out from behind the screen smiling brightly, "Were you aware of this feast?"

"Oh I planned on drugging you and dragging you there," she says smirking slightly at Uther, "You going willingly makes everything so much easier."

"You are hilarious Maggie," Uther says standing from his seat wavering slightly Maggie quickly rushed to him keeping him steady.

"Take it slow Uther," she says in a warning tone, "Now I will collect your clothes for the feast, and you can get dressed."

Arthur bid his farewell before leaving the chambers probably to go get ready himself, she smiled into the cupboard as she dug around trying to find Uther's best outfit for his first time out since Morgana's betrayal. She smiled as he came out looking like the King he used to be she smiled brightly at the sight, "I am glad to see you your usual self."

"Don't get too used to this," he says staring at her emotionlessly, "I am only doing this for Arthur."

"I went ahead and got him a present for you, perhaps give it to him when he comes tomorrow," she smiles brightly at the King.

Uther nods at her suggestion, "I already have one for him," she was shocked but covers it up as he stands. She keeps by his side as they leave his chambers heading to the great hall, knights, servants, and nobles were shocked at the sight of their King smiling at him brightly at the sight of him. Magdelena leads the King to his seat next to Arthur who was pleased with the sight of his father not locked away in his chambers.

Arthur suddenly stands in his chair taking the attention and silencing the room, "I would like to invite Magdelena to sing a song while we eat," he says smiling as Magdelena shook her head, "It is my celebration after all."

Magdelena sent a small glare toward the Prince, "This is a bad idea," she mutters as she walks to the front of the room taking a deep breath as she closes her eyes ignoring the few worried glances she was receiving from knights she had hurt with her singing when under the control of the demon.

"Lost one Tell me do you want to be found You caught me Moments before I hit the ground And I hear Voices screaming to run away Yet I see Not black and white but silver and gray I don't trust you But I want to Please don't let me fall"

Once more her voice was shocking, the knights seemed pleased nothing was happening with their minds as she sang and allowed themselves to get into the slow song. She smiled slightly as she realized people were no longer worried about her using her songs against them.

"I gaze up at the midnight sky Can't find a single star There are times when I miss the light But I'm not afraid of the dark I'm not afraid of the dark"