Chapter Fourteen

14. Dear Future Husband

Everything had been going fine, until a sharp pain hit Magdelena. She clutched her stomach and allowed herself to fall to the floor. Leon quickly turned at the sound of her small pained yelp. He raced over to her not seeing any wounds on her, "Maggie what is wrong?" he asks she feels something dripping down her leg and her eyes go wide as she realizes what was currently going on, "Maggie? Your eyes went really wide and you looked rather concerned." 

"Leon you are like a brother too me," she says her eyes closing as another string of pain hits her, "I need you to go get Merlin for me." 

"I am not leaving you out here in the forrest, in pain and by yourself," he says sternly, "You seem to know what is wrong yet are not-" 

His pause makes her worry as she looks at him and he has a small pitying look on his face, "Please Leon what are you making that face for?" 

"Merlin said you would be experiencing things for the first time," he says, "This is your first time bleeding isn't it?" 

"Holy heaven Leon! That is a private and very personal matter! Why are you asking me such questions?" Magdelena asks feeling very defensive as the Knight smiles at her softly, "Okay yes I am. Now please go get Merlin!" 

"How about this," he rips off some of his cloak and hands it to her, "I am going to the stream over there and I will wet some more cloth so you may wipe off your legs. Then once I get back and I can no longer see that cloth I will carry you to Gaius." 

"You aren't going to let me say no are you?" she growls but agrees to his terms, once he was gone she quickly makes use of his ripped cloak. He returned not long with a large piece of clock now soaking wet from the river. She makes quick work of cleaning her legs off, before he lifts her up and hurries back through town. 

No one seemed to really take notice or care about the knight carrying the girl at a rather hastened pace. They were almost there, having just entered the Court Yard, when Arthur and Merlin noticed the two of them. Leon hurried along, straight to Gaius. 

"What happened?" Gaius asks seeing the scrunched face of Magdelena and the rather gentle and worried look Leon was wearing, "Was she attacked by bandits?" 

"No you remember when it was said she would experience things for the  first time?" Leon asks Gaius' eyes went wide as he looked at Magdelena who was still in Leon's arms. 

"Place her on her bed over there," Gaius says before hurrying to his cupboards to find something to ease her pain, "I am glad that you were the one with her Leon. I know you have helped you older sister and mother with the same problems." 

"That was why he didn't freak out," Magdelena says though it sounded rather like a groan as she spoke, "Thank you Leon." 

"It is my pleasure Maggie," he says turning to Gaius, "Is there anything I can do to help her?" 

"What is wrong with Mags?" Arthur asks suddenly standing in the room Merlin behind him. Merlin pushing past the king and into the room straight to his sisters side. 

"Nothing to worry about Sire," Leon says seeing the wide eyes and pink cheeks as she curled in on herself in embarrassment, "Perhaps we should all leave and allow Gaius to help her." 

"No Leon, please don't leave," she says grabbing his arm pulling him back down to where he had been sitting on her bed, "I am not going to be stuck here alone with Gaius, Arthur is obviously out of the question, and Merlin is going to snicker and make snide remarks the entire time." 

"Mags we are courting!" Arthur says heatedly feeling very threatened by Leon and Magdelena's relationship at the moment, "Please Mags I won't be able to do anything knowing you are here like this and that Leon is here with you." 

"Arthur Pendragon now is not the time to be jealous over a knight who is more like brother me! Second I am currently in extreme pain because I am currently bleeding so do me the biggest favor and shut up and get out of the chambers before I am forced to murder you in your sleep!" 

Arthur quickly turns and runs from the chambers obviously fearful of the girl who was currently in pain as he rushes to get to safety. A laughing Merlin follows after him he himself received a harsh glare from his sister at his snorts. 

Gaius carries a warmed cloth to place over her stomach, and a potion to give her for the pain, "Hopefully these will be better tomorrow," he says softly to the girl. 

"How long do these usually last?" she asks Gaius her pouting face was enough to make anyone want to cry themselves to sleep as her eyes turned to those of a doe. 

"It depends on the person, we will just have to see," Gaius admits sadly, "I am going to brew a sleeping draught to help you sleep tonight. You call out if you need anything, or send Leon to ask me for anything." 

Magdelena gives him a pained smile before turning to Leon who was smiling, "The King will surely never forget this day," he says making her chuckle slightly, "I fear I won't be much help just sitting here."

"Then tell me a story Leon," she says the warmth and potion both making her pain level go down a bit as she laid there staring up at the ceiling, "Tell me of your childhood. I would much like to know you better."

"I fear it is a rather boring story," he says, "Perhaps I can grab a book and read it to you instead." 

"No story is boring Leon, besides I want to get to know you, not the characters in those books," she says turning to look at him seeing he looked rather uncomfortable, "Leon, why don't you go? I am sure you have better things to do then sit around with me." 

"Maggie I-"

"Go Leon, I am not going to keep you here while I wither away in pain," she says smiling at him nudging him with her hand until he was standing, "Go tell the other Knights of the Round Table that Arthur ran away from me when I yelled at him. Gwaine will have material for days to use again him." 

"I hope you feel better Maggie," he says kissing her forehead making her smile as he, said his farewell to a focused Gaius before leaving out the door.