Chapter Eight

07. The First Piece

The feast was in full swing Magdelena changed into a royal blue dress, with dark blue around the collar and sleeves. It wasn't anything fancy but it was nicer than her working clothes, she sat with the knight like she planned Merlin was allowed to join them, they all sat cracking jokes and drinking. They were laughing at one of Gwaine's many tavern stories when they stopped she tilted herself back so she saw Arthur standing there upsidedown, "Ah Arthur has descended from his table to join the commoners," she says chuckling slightly remembering she had to fake being drunk since she had had many cups of wine and ale he was frowning down at her, "Am I not allowed to call you Arthur now that you are King?"

She looked back at the knights making her mouth move down in a comical frown making them all laugh even Merlin who had also had some to drink was laughing, "It seemed more fun down here than at the table where Uncle is trying to talk about some boring thing that happened in his youth," Arthur says, Leon who had been next to Maggie moved over making room for the King to sit and join them.

"Welcome to the table of fun Princess!" Gwaine says chuckling as the group began to laugh but Arthur and Magdelena.

"You have to call him Queen now," Magdenela points out Gwaine laughs harder at that probably too drunk to know it wasn't that funny Arthur sends her a look but she just sends him a smile, "Long live the Queen!" she calls out making the drunks around them laugh while the group who understood the joke was laughing the hardest.

"If I am the Queen that makes Mags my King," he says the table pauses in a moment of silence while the two stare at each other before they burst into laughter, holding on to each other as in their drunken state unable to stand up straight for too long.

Magdelena leans into the King, "That was cruel of your majesty," she says whispering into his ear. Suddenly the sound of rain was heard making Magdelena smile as she closed her eyes and listened to the rain hitting the stone. Arthur grabbed her pulling her up confusing her as he dragged her from the great hall through the halls past the few guards who were on duty. They ended up stopping outside, on the top of the stairs as the rain darkened all the white stones to a dark gray, "Why are we outside Sire? You do know it is raining."

"I promised to dance in the rain with you. When we went on the picnic," he says dragging her into the rain making her smile as they were very soon drenched in the cold water, "So will you dance with me?"

"I would be honored," she says curtsying to him while he bowed before he grabbed her hand and they began to dance. No music, just to the sound of the rain falling on the stones she couldn't help but smile as he spun her around, "We should probably go dry off before you catch a cold."

"Just a moment longer I want to remember this moment," he whispers into her ear and she smiles, pulling herself closer to him.

"Didn't we say we were going to be naked when we danced in the rain?" she asks making him choke on the air he had inhaled, she pulled away his face was growing redder, she burst into laughter, "Calm down Arthur I was joking."

Arthur looked down at her his face now a pink color his eyes looked sad as he stared down at her she reached up and cupped his cheek. The rain came down pinning his blonde hair to his face, his clothes darker due to being wet his crown was slightly tilted, "We should get inside," he says but neither of them moves their eyes locked on each other, "before we catch a cold."

"Why would you keep your promise after everything I have said to you? You could just ignore me, banish me, kill me, why do you continue to be kind to me Arthur?" Magdelena asks shocking herself and Arthur who smiled at her.

"I love you Mags, nothing will change that and I will never give up on you," he says her heart felt as if someone was pumping all different emotions into it, making it swell.

"Promise?" she asks though it was barely a whisper and Arthur almost didn't catch it with the rain thundering down, she stared up at him her eyes were now slightly sad yet hopeful.

"I promise you Magdelena I will never give up on you no matter what happens or what people say," he says and she smiles brightly at him grabbing his shirt collar and bringing him down into a kiss, one he smiles into before taking control.

Pulling away to breathe they stand there rain falling down, "I promise to give us a chance, no matter what my inner self says and how much I convince myself you deserve better I'll be yours until you don't want me."

"I will always want you," he says making her smile before intertwining their fingers as he led her toward the stairs once more walking straight to the physician's chambers, "Go get some rest. I will see you tomorrow."

"As you wish, my king," she says sending a wink over her shoulder as she opens the door, closing it leaning against it as she smiles recalling everything that had happened. Magdelena smiled at Gaius as she walked to his side, "Can I help you?"

"I am making as many hangover tinctures as I can for all the sorry blokes who drank more then they could handle tonight," he says smiling at her, "Where did you and the Prince rush off too? I saw you being dragged from the great hall when the rain started."

"We danced in the rain," she says smiling like a lovesick girl which is what she was at the moment, "I decided to give him a chance," she says smiling at the older man who watches her smile fall slightly as she looks slightly panicked, "Am I making the right choice?"

Gaius laughs shaking his head at the girl, "Only time will tell Maggie," he says nudging her slightly making her smile grow slightly, "Now focus on what you are doing."

They spent a few more hours finishing up the tinctures before Gaius gave in and got comfortable on his cot to go to sleep. They probably had more than enough for everyone at the feast, but having some on hand was never a bad thing since knights - and Gwaine the biggest buyer of that particular potion - went to the tavern often.