Chapter Forty-One

41. The Wedding of Ages

Magdelena felt queasy as she looked away from the mirror, she was in remembering her former ally who had given it to her. She was curious to think what Uther would have done had he been here if the letter was just a moment of weakness of if he was truly agreeing with their marriage, "M'lady you must stop worrying," Gwen's soft voice says as she smiles at the woman who gives her a small glare at a tittle, "Maggie, the entire kingdom has been waiting for you two to marry. You have little to worry about."

"I know nothing about being a Queen, or a wife," Magdelena says about to run her hands through her hair - that Gwen and Charlene had worked hard onto - which was put into a beautiful and intricate bun, small pieces falling out to frame her face a small bramble looking piece of silver was placed on the base of the left side. Gwen grabbed her hands stopping her from ruining her hair.

"Perhaps that is a good thing," Gwen says, "You have been a peasant, a servant, a physician's apprentice but never a noble. You know the pleas of the people and I am sure you will do your duty to provide for them and the nobles you now represent."

"I thought I was meant to be the wise one here Gwen," Magdelena smiles, "You best go take your place, I am to walk out in a few moments."

Gwen smiles at her friend checking her over once more before leaving the chambers, leaving Magdelena alone, "Father, I hope you can see me and are proud of my choices," Magdelena whispers as the trumpets sound signaling her to walk out. 

The crowd was in awe at the woman, the white dress which showed off her shoulders and parts of her torso with the strange feather design. Her arms were bare minus a few pieces of the lace that covered the bottom portion of her large dress. The black and silvery-white necklace that hung down, just the right length in the shape of flowers like none had seen before. The diamond-encrusted circulate that hung right between her brows sparkled as much as her eyes as she spotted her family and friends in the audience and her future husband at the front.

She arrived at the front lifting her dress to reach the steps showing off her white laced heels, "We are gathered here today to join in matrimony King Arthur of Camelot and Magdelena a friend to us all," Geoffery begins her eyes furrow at her husband who was smiling at her cheekily. Geoffery continued reading some from the bible in his hand, Arthur too busy looking at Magdelena's face, the beautiful Pendragon red of her lips, and the faded charcoal on her eyes, making the ember color look brighter then before, "Now if you would repeat after me." 

"Geoffery, would you allow me to say my own vows?" Arthur asks Geoffery looks taken back at his request but takes a step back motioning him to continue, "I remember the first time I saw you, your brother had just tried to fight me and I sentenced him to a cell for five days. You, unlike other relatives, grabbed something from him and walked away. The first time I heard your voice was when you were scolding your brother for picking a fight with me. The first time you ever addressed me was when you caught me practice fighting outside of Camelot." 

"I was young and stupid not to have realized that I loved you the moment I met those eyes of yours, because while they may look like the embers of a dying fire," Arthur says her eyes were glossy as if trying to keep herself from crying, "you seem to light the fire in my soul. I will protect you when you can't protect yourself, I will love you - though I hope it will never happen - when you don't love yourself, I will hope, love, cry, laugh, and live with you for the rest of my life."

Magdelena smiled as she could hear some sniffles and sobs from the crowd, "Geoffery would you allow me the same courtesy of saying my own?" Geoffery nods his head at her rather looking forward to this one, "I remember the first time you kissed me, we were in Gwen's house, you had asked me to call you 'Arthur' no titles just your name. The moment it left my lips I knew that I was going to be lost, not to mention your smile was so wide, and your blue eyes were shining. You looked like a child who received a piece of candy. I remember the fear that clenched my heart every time that father of yours sent you on some dangerous quest, and I remember the relief when you entered Camelot more or less safely."

"I remember the flowers that you gave me with the note - the words struck me, 'You are the type of person who makes forever seem too short.' and to be honest with you Arthur, nothing could ever be more true," Magdelena says not daring to break the eye contact she had with Arthur, "They say there is no such thing as love at first sight, but at that moment when I saw you as Arthur, not the Prince you were, not the knight you were trained to be and not the King you are today, but the moment I saw just Arthur, I knew that I would love you."

"King-"

"Just Arthur," Arthur says smiling at Magdelena whose smile grows if that was even possible. 

"Arthur, do you take this woman to be your wife?" Geoffery asks having taken a step forward to continue the ceremony.

"I do."

"Magdelena, do you take this man to be your husband?" 

"I do." 

"Then I pronounce you both husband and wife, you may kiss the bride," Arthur drew Magdelena close, pressing his lips against her as the nobles, servants, and guests cheered. Arthur drew back smiling at his wife watching as he stepped up to the next step confusing her until she spotted the beautiful crown that Geoffery had grabbed at some point during their kiss. 

"Magdelena if you would kneel," Arthur says and she does as she was asked, Arthur removes the circlet from her head, placing it gently on the pillow, and grabbing the crown, "By the sacred laws vested in me, I crown you...Magdelena...Queen of Camelot," he places the crown on her head, fitting her perfectly, Arthur pulls her up to stand next to him before calling out, "Long live the queen!" 

"Long live the queen! Long live the queen! Long live the queen! Long live the queen! Long live the queen!" The crowd calls out making her smile before leaning in closer to Arthur.

"A wedding and coronation Arthur, really?" she asks.

"I didn't want to wait a moment longer to have you as my wife and Queen," Arthur whispers making her smile rolling her eyes slightly at him, "Now we feast!"

Below is the crown that Magdelena is given, though instead of the blue I imagine it to be red so probably ruby's as the gems.