i

"Hi Tee" a shy voice greeted him

The pale boy looked at the person standing in his way and raised an eyebrow, as if appraising the person in front of him.

Before him stood Tae Kreepolrerk, the son of a janitress. Rumours claim that he is a bastard son of one of the Royals, that he was a result of his mother whoring for the said Royal, that he is a product of rape and so forth. He has been talked about ever since he stepped foot in the school but he doesn't show any indication if any of the rumours are true. Both of them are eighteen years old and will be graduating in a few days.

He scowled at the other boy when he saw a bouquet of eleven pink roses being given to him. "These are for you" he meekly said with brimming hope in his eyes.

Tee sneered as he took the roses then flung it to the bin near him

Tee sneered as he took the roses then flung it to the bin near him. "I'm not interested with you bastard! Clearly we are not alike. You are not my type" and with that, he haughtily stepped past the dejected boy.

9 Years Later...

Tee was currently nursing a cup of coffee while staring out the window of his father's sitting room. They are currently at Bumrungrad International Hospital as Boone, his father, has been constantly admitted.

This is the fifth time this year and has been ongoing for three years now due to multiple complications which initially started with diabetes. He could no longer count how many times they have been to the hospital.

They are one of the richest in the country and has been known for their hotels and resorts. Boone has lost his left kidney on the first year that he started getting hospitalised. Then he suffered a stroke on the second year and now, he might need to have a kidney transplant as his remaining kidney is no longer functioning.

Tee was drawn out of his thoughts when he felt a hand on his shoulder. He looked up to find his mother's warm brown eyes looking at him softly with a sad smile on her rosy lips. "What is it mom? Is it dad?" he asked. She nodded "But it's not what you think it is. He just wants to speak with you"

He placed his cup back on the table and stood up to follow his mother to Boone's room. Upon entering, his father lowered the papers he was reading and looked at him. He bent forwards to hug him and kiss his cheek.

"I'm here dad. Mom said you wanted to speak with me" he said as he took a seat beside the bed and placed his hands on his lap. Boone took the papers and placed it on his nightstand then looked at him. He took a deep breath and said, "I've been reviewing our financial statements for the past years" he looked down at his lap then stared out the window "We are losing money Tee due to my sickness. I've been in and out of the hospital and I am unable to tend to our businesses and it cost us a lot" he sighed.

Brissa sat beside him on the bed, just a little between her son and husband. She draped her arm around his shoulders and rubbed his back soothingly. Tired and defeated eyes looked back at warm brown before he took a deep breath and spoke "Before I ask this of you, I want you to remember that I do love you son. You mean the world to me and I only want what's best for you. I've thought about this over and over before I came to this decision" Boone told his son as he looked into his warm doe eyes.

"What is it dad? What would you like me to do?" Tee asked as he kneeled beside the bed and laid his head on his father's side as he draped his arm across his chest. Boone wrapped an arm around him as he gently stroked his back. "I have reviewed our financial statements sent by the bank and it pains me to say that we are not doing well. We might lose everything even the house ─" he was cut off by Tee when he looked up with pleading eyes and blurted out "What do you need me to do? You know I would do anything for our family dad"

Boone reached out his frail hand to cup his son's cheek "I know son, I know. That is why I am hesitant to ask you this but we do not have any choice. If you choose to say no, it would be fine with your mom and I. We will accept your decision" Tee sat up straight and looked at both his parents. "What is it dad?"

"We arranged for you to be married Tee. I know that we have not talked about marriage arrangements since you were young but ─" Boone started but was again cut off by his son. "No need to panic dad. I was already expecting this. I'll do it" he said with a stoic face.

He knows that without funds, his father would not be able to continue his medication and would suffer. If something happens to him, his mother would not be able to bear it and might do something drastic. And of course, it was ingrained in him that family comes first. "Who will I marry then?" Tee asked them.

"Darvid Kreepolrerk" was all he heard as he blocked out other things both of his parents were telling him upon hearing the name.

The only other thing he understood was that, the man he once ridiculed is a legitimate son of a Royalty. He and his 'mother', who turned out to be his nanny, were disguising as he wished for normalcy in his life. Tee could just only hope and pray that karma won't bite him in the ass.

__________________________________TBC