viii

Tee turned to look at him with clear eyes and smiled “Nothing” he answered before he pecked his lips.

Tae chased his lips and kissed him with fervor before he pulled back and hugged him tightly. “Listen, about this afternoon. I’m sorry I didn’t react well ─” he was cut off as the pale skinned man kissed him again and smiled.

“It’s okay. I understand”

Those simple words meant a lot to Tae and snogged him senseless, which eventually evolved into another round of steamy coupling in the bathtub with Tee riding him in his lap.

Tee just finished dressing when Tae called his attention in their sitting room. Feeling bow-legged, he cautiously walked towards said room and noticed the food placed on the table in front of his husband.

“One of the maid brought this up to us” Tae said as he walked towards his husband and helped him towards the wingback chair opposite the one he was sitting on earlier.

“Thanks babe” he said as he sat down on the chair. "You couldn't even tell the name of your maids, could you?" Tee teased his husband.

Tae snickered while setting a foot stool and placing the pale skinned man's feet on it. He pulled his chair beside his and tucked a stray hair behind his ear. Tae looked at the other man with full adoration before pulling his nearest hand and kissed his knuckles.

“Thanks baby” he said after.

Tee was quite used to Tae’s endearment but looked at him curiously. “What for?”

“For being so adorable” was the only answer he got as Tae kissed him chastely before facing the food and in turn feeding his amused husband.

When they finished eating, they moved towards the balcony where Tee was currently sipping a glass of fresh soursop juice. He was looking out into the ocean and is very thankful that even if they live in this area, their next door neighbors were a mile from them. ‘The things money can buy and offer. I am so thankful I don’t want this to end. Gods please, I deserve a chance at this’ he thought to himself.

“Penny for your thoughts?” Tae whispered in his ear as he embraced him from behind.

Tee chuckled and shook his head. “Oh it’s nothing. Just wondering if this is all true or not” he said as he looked at his husband.

“You better believe this is true” was Tae’s answer as he held out his hand for the other man to take and led him to their bed.

Once they were settled under the covers, laying side by side with Tee’s head laid on his husband’s chest. With Tae carding his fingers through the other’s soft raven locks. Tee couldn’t help but sigh as he wrapped his arms around his husband.

“What are you thinking? You know I could tell even if you don’t say something” Tee murmured along his chest

“Say something about what?” was Tae’s response.

Tee pulled back to look at his husband and leant on his arm instead of his chest this time so they would be looking at each other without freeing him from his embrace. He reached a hand up to tap his pointer finger on Tae’s nose.

“Even for a short span of time that we have been together, I could tell if something is bothering you. So, spit it out. I promise, I will listen” Tee said with loving eyes as he cupped his face and gave him a soft peck on the lips.

Amused, Tae snorted and nuzzled the other's nose with his and pulled him closer to wrap him in a tighter but comfortable embrace. The pale man was now halfway sprawled along his body as he whispered in his ear, “You never cease to amaze me Tee. You make me love you more each day that we are together. I’m scared that I might scare you away and wake up one day without you beside me”

Tee gasped at this and was about to pull back and say something but Tae won’t budge and went on.

“Yes I do love you, you prat. I have for a long time now. I never stopped loving you even when you dumped me back then.” Tae said as he slowly let the other man go only to kiss him softly on the lips.

Tee was completely flabbergasted and was at a loss of words. He couldn’t believe that the man actually returns his feelings.  He could only wrap his arms around his neck and kiss him back making it more intense before they both pulled back to breathe some air.

"I love you too Tae. I have for quite a while now. I must admit that this isn’t what I envisioned our union to be from the start but as the days go by, you make it mean a lot to me and difficult for me to think of losing you, about what ifs and could bes.” Tee whispered against the other’s lips as he was still wrapped up in his arms.

“I want to explain about my actions earlier. I’m sorry and you don’t know how sorry I am for hurting you earlier. I know that whatever I say won’t make up for my actions but I just want you to hear me out” Tae stopped to look at his husband who was listening intently to him. Seeing this, Tee nodded his head to show him that he is listening.

“What happened earlier just reminded me of things from the past. I’m sorry it affected you. I promised myself that I won’t let that affect me but it did and I want you to know all about me, about my past and most especially, about Pring” he continued as his grip tightened around Tee as he mentioned his ex-wife’s name.

“I presume Pring is your ex-wife, Plan and New’s mother. What about her? You don’t need to explain anything about her Tae. I didn’t expect you to not move on after I harshly dumped you back then. I have thought that you offered marriage just to exact revenge” Tee squirmed from his embrace as he pulled back to sit against the headboard of their bed.

___________________________________TBC