xxix. THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE SERIOUSLY DYING.

ACT iii

ACT iii. day of the day. haha, get it ?
CHAPTER xxix. ❛ THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE SERIOUSLY DYING. ❜

 ❜

turgistan.
the morning after.

                        WHEN ZERO FINALLY DRIFTED BACK INTO CONSCIOUSNESS, she found a rather disturbing image before her. A scatter of blurred faces, her sworn enemy with a gun to his head and a fuckload of blood. The girl spluttered, her mouth full of the stuff. She felt her chest rising and falling with each shallow breath she took as she tried to lift herself up. There were voices all around, calling her name. Voicing velvet lies. All she heard was the fear in their tones. The ghost became gradually aware that she was slumped over Four's lap, Five at her side. Something pushed on her stomach and she frowned, gazing around to identify whether or not she was moving.

The helicopter.

"Hey, hey," Four spoke soothingly. He brushed the hair out of her puzzled eyes and gazed into them. "You're okay."

How was she okay?

                   Zero looked down at her bloody dress. Five had sliced the material open to expose her wounds. Only, now, she couldn't see any gaping holes. She saw three rows of stitches travelling up her abdomen, red and raw. Five had performed remedial surgery as quickly as she possibly could, the helicopter ride being full of various different emotions from her peers. But, when it turned out Zero wasn't dying, they all shared the same exhale of relief.