Chapter 5

As we entered the capital Asta's group and the Golden Dawn group went their separate ways and the town's bells started ringing signaling my return to the Palace. We landed at the Palace and I was greeted by Dalia. "Welcome back Princess. I trust you had a wonderful trip?" Dalia said. "I did, thank you Dalia." I said as I made my way to go see my Uncle to report my findings.

After a while I was in my study doing some paper work when I heard a knock on my door. "You may enter." I said as I saw someone entered. "I'm sorry to disturb you Princess but the Wizard King as requested your presence." I looked up and saw it Was Marx who entered. I sighed and stood up and followed Marx to go see my brother. Marx knocked on Julius's door asking for permission to enter and we were let in. "Roxy I'm so glad to see you've came back safely." Julius said as he stood up and gave me a high. "Naturally I would return unharmed. You know how ruthless Gadjah is and how strong his loyalty is to protecting Queen Lolopechka. Now what is it you wanted to see me about?" I said to Julius.

"Well as you know every so often we award ranks to magic Knights who did outstanding jobs at being magic knights. But we assign rankings of each Magic knight squads too. Thus I want you to announce them this time and award each squad Captain with the stars they've earned." Julius said. "Fine." I said with a sigh. "Also I want you to accompany me at the award ceremony tomorrow for the magic knights." I nodded and walked out of the room. Julius could sense my irritation but he didn't know why I was irritated.

The following day I got ready for the award ceremony. Dalia was doing my hair and she noticed I was being quiet lately which was unusual. "Princes is there something wrong?" Dalia said with genuine concern. "It's nothing to be concerned about Dalia. Don't worry about it." I said with a stoic face. "As you wish Princess."

The ceremony was about to start when all the magic knights and their captains entered the ceremony hall. They all immediately bowed as they saw I was there. I was holding the metals for Julius. "It's really hard keeping a friendly face while I'm in the same room as Julius." I thought to myself. "Endure Roxy; just endure it for a little while. You'll know the truth soon about those mysterious one leaf grimoires you've found."

The award ceremony was done and a small banquet was held afterwards which Julius ditched and forced me to oversee. "This is even worse!" I said to myself. I was chatting with some of the magic knights when I heard the Silvas cause a ruckus and Asta being in the middle of it. "And this is why I hate being in the same room as stuck up nobles." I said to Tybalt who was at my side. I was seriously shocked at how the Silvas treated their own Sister Noelle and how Nozel and Fuegoleon acted towards each other.

"THAT'S ENOUGH!" I shouted and everyone was surprised but they definitely forgot I was there. "Your actions here are seriously deplorable! Is this how nobles act towards each other?! I'm highly disappointed at each of you..." I said but was interrupted by a messenger. "THE ROYAL CAPITAL IS UNDER ATTACK!" He shouted. Everyone was shocked but I was immediately pulled out of the room by Tybalt. "Tybalt stop!" I shouted. This shocked Tybalt. "We need to help the civilians. These noble won't care about their safety. Please we have to save the people!" Tybalt looked at me in shock. "As you wish Your Highness." Tybalt said.

My royal guards were gathered and we started evacuating the citizens. We all suddenly heard a scream. "Huh? What was that?" I looked at Tybalt as we ran to the source of the scream. We saw a group of magic knights gathered and I wasn't ready for what I was about to see. "F-Fuegoleon?! " I shouted as tears started forming in my eyes. "Tybalt get the royal healer fast!" I ordered Tybalt who instantly disappeared and within a minute was back with the best healers in the Kingdom. "Fuegoleon please hang on!" I shouted while being covered with tears.

Everything calmed down after a while but I locked myself in my room not wanting anyone to see me. The entire Palace was concerned for me because they know the loss I have experienced in my life. I also ordered all staff to not bother me at all but of course there was one that didn't care and it was of course Tybalt. Tybalt entered my room without permission. I noticed his presence but I didn't scold him for his intrusion. "Your Highness I am here to report that Captain Fuegoleon will be fine. He is in a coma but his chance of dying is low to none." Tybalt said with no emotion in his voice. "Thank You Tybalt." I said softly

~~~Chapter 5 Done!

Clover Fact #5: The elven tattoos on Marx's cheeks are similar in design to the USB trident symbol, a reference to his Memory Magic.