Chapter 23

Some time has passed since I was captured and I finally woke up seeing I was bound upside down and still bleeding somewhat but not that much. I was in so much pain and I felt disorientated due to hanging upside down for who knows how many hours. "I'm going to puke." I said to myself. "Finally decided to wake-up Queenie?" Vanica said with a big smile. I just stared at her. "Oh not in the mood to talk? Okay then let's see if you are in the mood to scream!" Vanica said as she started whipping me making me cry out in pain.

"Endure this Roxy. You have us now. We can escape once you've regained more of your mana." Raphael, one of the new archangels I have had made a pact with. The other archangel is Uriel. I tried my best to endure this torture as long as I could. The torture finally stopped because I stopped screaming out in pain and Vanica lost interest. I was bleeding more now and I struggled to keep myself conscious.

I just hope those idiots don't think I'm dead since my barrier is still up and it will remain active as long as I am alive. I also sent my crown with the group of magic knights since I didn't know if I would survive. "I know the news reached Julius already. I hope he uses his brain and stays in the Clover Kingdom. I need to get all my grimoires back and when I do I can reverse the curse on Lolopechka and restore Julius back to his old self." I said to myself and I lost consciousness.

Back at the Heart Kingdom everyone was sad and heartbroken about their beloved Queen who has sacrificed herself for her people. Word reached the other magic knight captains who were still in the Clover Kingdom and the remaining captains and Julius made their way to the Heart Kingdom to try and make a battle strategy to save their Queen.

Everyone was gathered and talking about what they needed to do. "I hate to ask this, but how do we know that Queen Roxy is still alive?" Kaiser, the new captain of the purple orchids asked. "You fool. Queen Roxy is most certainly still alive. If she wasn't then the barrier protecting the Clover Kingdom would have disappeared." Nozel said coldly. The air grew tense and everyone was stressed. Julius just stared outside towards the Spade Kingdom with Roxy's crown in his hands. "Are you okay Roxy?"

Back in the dungeon of the Spade Castle I regained my consciousness again and heard Michael speak. "I think this amount of mana will be sufficient Roxy." "Are you sure Michael? I still feel like I won't be able to fight in my current state." I said half dazed. "That's just your fear talking Roxy! But you may be right. I have a plan so just hear me out." Michael said and I nodded. "We've located your grimoires, all seven of them. They are all together in a cave nearby. So I have a proposition. Allow me to take control of your body for a while until we retrieved your grimoires. I'm most certainly not afraid of those devils and your chances of getting out of here and causing some damage to them will be higher!"

"Fine." I said and I was beginning to lose consciousness as Michael took over my body. Not too long after the three devil users appeared. "Mm something seems different about her?" Zenon said without emotion. Suddenly a ray of light went through Zenon's side. "W-what the?" Zenon said shocked. "it does seem that something changed." Dante said. Michael ripped through the chains that were holding my body captive and he hovered in the air preparing to shoot again.

"So who has taken over her Majesty's body?" Dante asked. "I would be lying if I said it was good to see you again Lucifer. I see you're still trying to takeover something." Michael said. Dante was shocked that I knew who the demon was he had made a pacts with. "Of course it would be none other than Michael. Always loved getting involved in other's affairs." A mysterious voice said.

"I think I need to teach some of you a lesson on how to treat a lady with respect! Hanging her here was bad enough but then you decided to hang her upside down exposing her underwear. That's the lowest of low!" Michael said as he shot light arrows towards the devil users. "What can I say? She is a beautiful woman and if things were different I would've taken her as my wife and Queen." Dante said with a smirk. I quickly took control again. "YOU'RE SUCH A CREEP!!!" I yelled sending one massive light arrow his way and Michael took control again. He then made sure to block the devil users' sight and made an escape. When the light evaporated the three saw I was gone and they couldn't detect me. "I do love feisty women." Dante said with a smirk.

Michael took me to a cave on the other end of the spade kingdom near the heart kingdom's border. As we entered the cave I regained control of my body. Inside the cave there was an entrance to a dungeon. "Let's get my grimoires back and get the heck out of this place." I said as I entered the dungeon.

~~~~~Chapter 23 Done!

Clover fact #23: Gadjah's favorite food is crimson oranges

As always credit to Wlop for the cover art