Sneak Peek

Here is the first chapter of my new book of where Harmony wasn't raised by her dad Hades. I am going to leave out their names but can you guess who her new family is?

"Where are you going?" Demeter asked her daughter who was holding her own child.

"I need to give her to Hades." Persephone replied not taking her eyes off her daughter who she named Heather.

"I'll do it." Demeter walked over.

"What?" Persephone looked up in disbelief.

"I'll take her to him, you go with Poseidon."

"No, it should be me who gives her to him and I want to say good bye."

"You need to start a new life seeing him again will ruin that."

Persephone wanted to argue but she never wins against her mother. "Good bye Heather, don't worry I know your daddy will love you."

Demeter took her granddaughter and left, but she didn't leave to see Hades, she went to go see Hecate. "Hecate I need your help."

Hecate looked over. "I heard you have a new granddaughter, this her?"

"Yes, I need your help to get rid of her."

"You want to get rid of your own granddaughter?" Hecate asked a little surprised.

"She's Hades baby." Demeter moved the blanket to show the baby had flaming hair.

Hecate's eyes widened her eyes more surprised but a smile slowly appeared on her face. "This is perfect."

"So you can get rid of her?"

"I'll do better, you want revenge on Hades right?" Hecate asked.

"Of course."

"Well how about I take away the child's powers and we use her as leverage? Hades would have to choose, his child or his home."

"He's never going to give up the Underworld for someone even his own baby."

"You'd be surprised, lets do this."

"Where do we start?"

"Not here, we need to go somewhere far away."

They appeared what looks like in the middle of no where. "Where is this place?" Demeter asked.

"Who cares, put her down."

Demeter opened up a trash can and put her in it.

Hecate starts to do a spell.

Slowly the flames on Heather's head started to fade into dark hair, her skin became more and more closer to mortal flesh looking more mortal.

Before Hecate could finish a bullet went right threw her chest.

Demeter screamed as she quickly put the lid on the trash can and got Hecate out of there.

Demeter set her down gently but it's clear Hecate was badly hurt maybe dying. "Are you alright?"

"I didn't finish the spell." Hecate choked out. "That baby still has her powers."

Meanwhile two guys holding guns slowly walk over to where those two things they shot were standing.

"What the hell were those?" The older one who was around twenty asked his younger brother. "Witches?"

The younger one who was about sixteen shrugs his shoulders. "Whatever it was I think we killed one."

"What were they even doing?" The older one asked looking around. "They just vanished."

The younger one heard something coming from the trash can he slowly raised his gun before he opened the lid. "DUDE! THERE'S A BABY IN HERE?!"

"A WHAT?" The other one ran over to see his brother was taking an actual baby out of the trash. "Those witches were going to use her for a spell or something, a witches main ingredient is blood of the innocent. Nothing's more innocent than a baby.''

"Yeah.... Can we keep her?" The younger one asked hopefully.

"You serious?" The older one asked. "Of course we're going to keep her. I know how much you always wanted a younger sister, this is your only chance. Let me hold my little sister till we get to the car."

The younger one gave her to him just so he could give him a quick hug. "Thanks man."

When they get to the car the younger one takes her back and fixes her blanket only to see a piece of paper sticking out of it.

"What's that?"

"Birth certificate, but it's pretty much blank. Just says her first name is Heather and she was born today."

"That's it? No last name? No parents names, no name of a hospital she was born in?"

"Nope."

"Damn it I wanted to name her."

"Well she doesn't have a middle name and some people go by their middle name instead of their first."

"Ok, lets think of a name." He turned on his car only to the radio blasting.

"DUDE!!" The younger one covered his new sisters ears but instead of crying she seemed happy.

"Yes! She loves music!" The older one cheered. "Lets name her after something that has to do with music."

"Ok um... Melody?"

"Heather Melody! Put that gun down!" The older one said in a scolding tone.

"What was that?"

"Practicing, we're responsible for her we gotta scold her and people do that by shouting their full name. And no, next."

"Um... Lyric?"

"Heather Lyric! You come back her!" He tried again. "Nope, next."

"Um...Ok how about, Harmony?"

"Heather Harmony! Listen to your brothers!" He then had a big smile on his face "Yeah, Harmony, I like it, sounds cute and badass at the same time."

The younger brother grins also loving the name. "Hi Heather Harmony _________________, I'm your big brother ________ and that idiot over there is your other brother ________."

"HEY!!"