Chapter 1

Ella
Freshman year of college, 18 years old

I'm sitting in the back seat of my sister's Jeep as Carter drives us towards my dorm. It's move in week and I've chosen to arrive on the very first day allowed. I like to be prepared and I wanted time to map out my classes and the places I'll need to utilize on campus. Carter and Cassidy are in the front seat while Mia and I are in back. Cassidy is my 33 year old  sister who's cared for me since our mom passed when I was 7, and Carter is her husband. They met when I was 12 and he's been a vital part of our lives since.

I look very similar to Cassidy. We share the same long brown hair and bright green eyes. My sisters and I all share the same genetic trait for being short unfortunately as I stand at 5'5 and I'm the tallest. We also share the same golden tan skin from living by our pool this summer. Mia is 16. She looks very different from Cassidy and I with full dirty blonde hair and big brown eyes. She is also a beautifully wild and fierce female. Mia is athletic and popular. She makes friends easily wherever she goes and males flock to her.

She has had a harem of males since she was 10 years old. She is the kind of girl that inspires that type of loyalty. Her boys are madly in love with her and Trevor, Liam and Sebastian have been like brothers to me. Their story is that of fairytales. Mia calls them her bestie boys, but as they grow so do their romantic feelings. It's sweet to watch and I have no doubt she will have a network with her males before I can even find one suitor.

I'm more reserved then both of my sisters. I keep to myself and focus on my studies and goals. I enjoy friends and males just like the next women, but I have big dreams and I won't let anyone deter me from those. I threw myself into my studies after our mom passed from cancer and our dad left. I was so young and wasn't able to understand what was happening around me. I focused on what I could control, which was my school work and my future.

I want to be independent and successful and I never want to have to rely on a man because I learned first hand from my father just how unreliable they are. I have dated males and been intimate with a few, but I have not had a desire to form a network or allow a male to court me seriously. Sometimes I envy what my sisters have with their males, but the thought of allowing a man close enough to cause me pain eradicates that envy. I am busy. I have things to learn and lives to change. I don't have time to cry in my room over a male. I don't have time for much else besides hard work and dedication.

I watch out the window as my campus comes into view. It's gorgeous. It's pristine and perfect. I'm giddy with excitement to start my future here. I was accepted into a specialized program for females who's focuses are in medical, engineering, science or law. Females tuition is payed for by the government and I am provided an even larger monthly stipend then usual due to my admittance into this particular program. All that means to me is I don't need to work and I can focus all of my time and attention on my studies.

I'll be surrounded with like minded women who's goals are similar to mine. That is exciting to me. I've always struggled making friends. I just prefer to focus on my education instead of my socialization, but in high school that just makes you weird. Maybe I'll have real friends here. Ones who will study and engage with me instead of the females I'm used too from back home who showed no interest in me. I'm quiet, but only because I have a lot of thoughts. I have no problem speaking my mind I just don't usually have a reason too.

I promised myself I'd make more of an effort to be friendly and to be normal. The campus is coed and there are majors of all kinds, but the females in my program and dormed together and our building has added amenities such as study rooms and a library. I've only seen pictures of the building but it looks luxurious. The room didn't look like any dorm I've ever seen. We don't even have to share.