Chapter 15

Carter

It's dark outside as I navigate Cameron's rented SUV down the street. There are four males behind the car pushing us down the road so we are out of hearing distance. I signal for them to get in and start the engine. We drive in silence, afraid if we speak or breathe too deeply Ella will pop out from a hidden compartment and take our manly parts.

We arrive at our destination just as the sunlight peeks over the mountains signaling the start of the day. We stayed up late feeding the females a steady supply of margaritas. They were all three pretty drunk when they were taken to bed so I'm hoping our plan works and they remain asleep for hours to come. I'm proud. This was an efficiently coordinated plan and the seven of us worked smoothly like a well oiled machine.

I have a smile on my face. My girls chose good men. They are strong and intelligent. They are loyal and have giant muscles and hard skulls. I bet they could each take many hits to the head before being too permanently damaged. I am almost gleeful thinking of Ella's chosen men. They are trained to be killers, they have a tactical advantage I am eager to explore.

We suit up and enter the course. The sunlight is creeping out, but it's still dim and there's an eerie fog settled over the obstacles. We are in two teams. I tried to take the side with Ella's men to protect them, but they refused. They said Mia's men would need the advantage and we laughed at their cockiness. I don't want Ella to take my favorite pieces, but it's also my job to teach these males their place.

Trevor, Sebastian, Liam and I scatter throughout the course. We are hunting our prey. This isn't the quick, painful justice we've been known to deliver before. It's a game of cat and mouse. We need to be methodical and our aim has to be precise. If Ella sees marks on her males she will know what we did.. an image of scissors pops into my mind and I shake my head to dispel it.

It's silent and the adrenaline coursing through my veins is throbbing in my ears. I hear a grunt and turn to see that Trevor has taken a hit to his arm. It's purple, showing that it's from one of Ella's male. We have hot pink- team Mia.

We all have chest plates and helmets on. I tried to force Ella's men into arm and knee pads as well, but they vehemently refused. I'm a little worried for my safety when we return home. I'm still thinking about the wrath of my sweet little Ella when I'm hit. It gets me straight in the neck and the pain stings like a mother fucker.

"I've been hit! They must be above. Check the towers!" I scream to my team.

I turn when Liam calls out. He's been hit repeatedly in both of his legs and he crumples to the ground in agony. They must have tag teamed him. I look around frantically trying to spot them, but I can't see any movement or shapes up above. I'm hit again in the lower back, the pellet missing my plate by inches. Lucky shot.

"Fuck! They are at different towers, I'm taking hits from all directions. Get the fuck down!"

I turn to see Sebastian has purple covering his lower belly, also where the chest plate doesn't reach. Shit, are they targeting skin? Their aim can't be that fucking good! I'm hit on the hand holding my gun and it fumbles to the ground.

"Mother fucker!! Get the fuck down! They are snipers! Jesus Christ they are trained snipers, GET DOWN!"

We spend the next 30 minutes hiding in corners and crying out like babes for their mothers as we suffer hit after hit. I think Liam sheds a tear and I can't tell if it's because he's taken so many hits and in pain, or he's feeling the emotion like I am about adding these males to our justice league.

After Sebastian takes another hit to his shoulder and yelps out in pain, I know what I have to do. I have to spare Mia's males, or she will try to get vengeance just as her big sister would. My fear of Mia is what causes me to raise the white flag in defeat. She is a little female, but her men have been helping her hone her self defense and I'm just not willing to take the risk. My team cries out in despair as I do it, but I turn to them and see the defeat on their faces and I know we couldn't have continued.

We stay sheltered in place. From our hiding spot we can see the three males climb down from separate towers spaced around the course. Not one of them took a hit. Not fucking one!

"Come out, come out wherever you are!" Oliver chimes out happily.

"Should we get a stretcher?" Dallas calls out.

"Are you able to walk?" Cameron calls out and his voice sounds of actual concern.

We come out from our hiding spot and I limp towards the middle of the course where they wait. Sebastian is being carried in between his brothers and we are a mess of purple defeat. I fall into Cameron's arms, where he has to support most of my dead weight while I hug him. Dallas bends down to look at my face, which is laying on his brother's shoulder,

"Are you crying?"

Best. Day. Ever.