PROLOGUE

The sunlight went down through the glass window of the bedroom and the white tiny-square alarm clock started to annoy the person who was still sleeping on his black king-size bed. 

Few minutes later, the alarm clock rings once again.

"What the he--?!!" he exclaimed as he woke up and quickly turned off the alarm. 

He sat on his bed for a moment and said, "Good morning self!" 

Then he stretched his arm side by side. After that, he looked for his phone and noticed that he received a text message from his friend.

From: Jim

Bro! Let's have a game later after your class. Are you free? Text me what is your available time. 

He sent a reply to his friend then he stepped down from his bed and went to the bathroom. 

After taking a bath, he wore his black pants and white polo shirt. While he's putting the buttons of his polo, he showed himself in the huge-mirror beside his cabinet. 

He sprayed the fresh aromatic scent of his perfume on his polo and wrist then he fixed his medium side swept hair. 

"Perfect!" he whispered. Then he turned his eyes on his laptop that was placed on his white-wooden table near to his bed. 

He put his laptop inside his bag and went out of his room.

"Yexel! What's the meaning of this?" his father asked and showed him his report card from school. 

He sighed.

"Well, that's my grades obviously, Dad," he replied lazily. 

"Are you crazy?! You have line of three with your grades! Flat three! What are you doing?!" his father yelled at him. 

He just stared at his father and left him.

"YEXEL! I'M STILL TALKING TO YOU!" 

He looked pissed as he brushed his hair hardly. 

"What now Dad?! What do you want me to do?!" he complained while wearing his shoes. 

"I did not enter you in the Electrical Engineering field just to have this line of 3 grade!"

"Fine! I'll just make more efforts to not get that grade! If that's what you want!" he burst out.

"Watch your words, Yexel! Is that what you get from being addicted to nonsense games!" then his father continued to exclaim, "What would your mother say if she knew all of this?!" 

He grinned and closed his palm then he took a deep breath. He quickly walked out and shut the door of their house without turning back.

He is Yexel San Diego, twenty-one years old and a college student taking up Electrical Engineering in Sta. Rosa University. He is an independent, nice, and thoughtful guy that has admiration for games.

Honestly, he does not have much interest in Engineering but for the sake of his father, he chose to learn and take up this course. He's always doing his best for his father because he wants to prove himself to his father. 

*****

On the other side, it was a perfect day for a girl who was preparing herself in front of a purple-vanity mirror. She was confident and ready to submit her manuscript to a publishing company after her class. 

She put the matte nude-pink lipstick on her lips and suddenly the wooden door opened then her mother entered the room. 

"Pretty as always!" her mother greeted.