CHAPTER 1

THREE MONTHS LATER...

[Anna]

After I prepared myself, I closed the white-wooden door of my room and called my mom, "Mom! I'm going now." 

I heard her footsteps toward me, "Where are you going?" she asked. 

"School. It's my first day." 

A new and last school year of survival.

"Oh yes! I forgot," she said.

"It's alright. Take care here, okay?" I reminded her.

"Yes, Darling! I love you," then I formed a smile on my face and walked towards her. 

"I love you too," I said and kissed her on the cheeks. 

I waved my right hand as a sign of good bye. I used to have that morning routine with my mother. Since I was a kid, she always made me feel special like how she made special breads for her customers. 

We have our bakery business beside our house wherein there are lots of sweet cakes, different kinds of breads, and the special pancake every morning. My Mom was the one who managed our bakery shop. 

I also sometimes helped her with our business that's why I am studying Business Administration.

I want to give back all her sacrifices for me and other than that, all I could say is that she's the best mother ever. 

Dad was not with us because he's working abroad. He was going home every two years and the last time I saw him was on my 18th birthday.

My life is unpredictable like the waves in the sea. Sometimes it is calm but most of the time it is like a tsunami.

But to keep it calm, I usually write stories. Stories that can make me live my life. Stories that create positive vibes in my life. 

You know what is ironic? Those love stories I've written will surely never happen in my life. I smirked. As if!

Suddenly, I noticed that my phone was ringing. I made a deep sigh and answered the phone call. 

As I put my phone on my ear, I heard the most annoying voice of my friend. 

"BESSYYYYYYY!!!!" she screamed then I moved the phone away from my ear. Mygad!

I slowly put it back and said, "Yes, Bessy?"

I heard her chuckle, "I have news for you!"

"Okay. What is it?"

"Hmmm. Where are you now? I want to say it in person," she demanded.

"Fine! On my way to school."

"Good! Let's meet in the library," she suggested. 

I made a laugh at her in the phone call, "Bessy? Are you sure?! Do you want us to be punished by the librarian?"

She knows that she is too loud to enter the library so I just reminded her. She sighed and said, "Tss! Fine! In the garden near the library." 

I continued to laugh at her, "Alright! See you my most annoying friend."

I heard her smirking, "I know! See you and be ready with me," then she laughed by herself. 

I ended the call already. That's Liya. My best friend since highschool. She's annoying but her heart is big like her body. She's studying Nursing, in the same school as mine.