CHAPTER 9

[Yexel]

She's in pain. She's in fear. She could not even talk properly. She's always crying and sometimes she's staring out of nowhere.

I hate myself for letting this happen to us and especially to her. I am now staring at her and thinking if she can forgive me. If she can still survive on what happened. This is all my fault! 

We are all here now in the hospital, taking care of her. 

Suddenly, I heard the slam of the door. 

"ANNA!!" her mom screamed.

She walked towards me and her hands touched my face with pain. She slapped me very hard and painfully.

"WHY DID YOU LET THIS HAPPEN TO HER? WHY YEXEL?!" Then she starts to cry.

"I am so-sorry, Mrs. Ramirez. I d-did not know," I also cried.

"SHE DOES NOT DESERVE YOU!!! YOU AND YOUR FATHER ARE SUCH AN ASSHOLE!"

She pushes me away from her.

"No! Please! I don't want to leave her! You know how much I love her,"

"GET LOST, YEXEL! WE DON'T NEED YOU HERE! SHE DOES NOT NEED YOU! SHE DOES NOT NEED YOUR LOVE!"

"Please! I want to be with her! Just let me stay please!" I pleaded and kneeled in front of her.

The tears were still flowing on Anna's mother. I really can't leave Anna.

She still keeps on pushing me to get out in the room. 

"GET LOST! YOU WILL NEVER SEE ANNA AGAIN! NOT ANYMORE!! YOU JUST LET HER ILLNESS BECOMES WORSE!"

I looked at Anna for the last time. They are right. I think you don't deserve me but I will promise that my Dad will pay for this. 

"Yexel! Please! Go!" Liya also pleaded. 

I stand and start to walk out from the room. As I was holding the door knob, I turned my back on them.

"I am sorry. I know, sorry is not enough to forgive me. I promise, my Dad will pay for this!" Then I closed the door and left the room. 

Tears of pain fell down after I closed the door. I tried to walk but I felt weak. I felt devastated. 

I force myself to walk but I really can't. So, I punch my hand on the wall multiple times. This is not enough of the anger and pain that I was feeling.

"Hey! Bro! Stop doing that! You're hurting yourself!" Niko stopped me. 

"I AM USELESS! I AM NOT DESERVING FOR HER!"

"Stop it! Your Dad is now on jail,"

My face becomes red because of anger. I stood and said, "Come with me, boys! I'll go where he is!" 

We quickly use the van and go to jail. Why Dad?! Why did you do this to me?!

*****

Few minutes later, my friends and I entered the jail and asked to visit my Dad. 

They said he was still in the investigating area. I close my palm to control my anger.

The police accompany us in the investigating area. As we are walking, I am now seeing the person who made our life miserable. I HATE YOU DAD! 

We all entered the investigating area. I quickly went towards him and punched him in the face.

"BRO!!" Then Jim stopped me.