Chapter 1

"June, we are home! Oh wait, it is only May."

I rolled my eyes at the corny joke and dumped all the notes into a folder. I had just researched a few things with my friends to help Dad with his investigation in the Police.

I ran down. My parents were right at the door, all smiles. I waved with one hand fidgeting in my pocket.

"What's up? You peeps look fun."

"Your Mom is pregnant!"

I looked at the floor grimly. Tears brimmed my eyes. My vision was blurry and a wave of sadness washed over me.

"It will never be the same as Stella."

My Mom's knees buckled and would have fallen on her face if not my for my Dad. His arms around her, he pulled her up and she cried into his shirt.

"That angel had to go to heaven. June, past is past."

Tears flowed down my cheeks like a waterfall. I wiped them away ferociously only to be found with some more coming.

"Dad, you know she was murdered. My sister would never suicide. Why did you not tell the Police?"

"June, one thing I have learnt through my ten years of Police job is never to tell the police. You will not be able to stand the pressure. They will torture you with questions and that will just make you struck with grief again. I miss Stella more than you do."

I knew there was no point arguing. I sat on the couch and stared outside the window, remembering the last memorable day with my beloved sister.