Chapter 6

I clenched my fists and gritted my teeth. Jasper stole a glance at me.

"C'mon, it could be anyone. Let's not get our hopes too up."

I think he meant me, but secretly I still felt resentful. Ivy voiced out an idea.

"We need to check the CCTV cameras there, you know the ones they fitted right after Stella's death."

"But before that, we should ask his family members for a background."

My plan seemed to be an agreement. We knew this was suicide but we headed straight to the gangster, William Anderson's, house. Or should I say, mansion.

A little bit to know about William before we go to him. The biggest bully in our school and the richest guy on the planet.

He comes to school in a limousine. He causes a lot of trouble, knowing nobody will scold him because his parents pay heaps of money.

He had sidekicks. Like a gang. He gives them money every month like a salary and it seemed kind of cruel to make friends that way.

In his house, we convinced the guard that we were here just to ask a few questions. You might think, heck, why not just tell them Dad's the police? My Dad was on his own. We are not allowed to help. A bunch of kiddos. But my Dad thinks we are useful and productive. And he would be ashamed if anybody found out his daughter is cracking the case.

Inside, the whole house was polished. Servants running errands. Mr and Mrs Anderson sat on the sofa with their legs crossed. 

Where was William? That prankster had to be somewhere with his minions.

Mr Anderson wore a tuxedo and he had a cropped moustache. His hair was blonde and shone like gold in the light. Saying that they have gold and stuff.

Mrs Anderson ... oh my gosh! She was too shiny. Not dazzling, painful. I averted my eyes. She wore loads of makeup and her jewellery gleamed. Her high heels were about to slip and fall.