26. 𝘁𝗼𝗼 𝘀𝘁𝘂𝗯𝗯𝗼𝗿𝗻 𝘁𝗼 𝗱𝗶𝗲

EVERYONE WAS SCATTERED AND HURT BADLY. Bruce found himself holding up a pile of rubble that could nearly crush them, water was pouring down, and luckily it wasn't a lot. The weight was straining Bruce, and he avoided using his bad arm. Rhodes was lying inside his suit that wouldn't move and had technical problems; Rhodes struggled inside, his body aching and feeling claustrophobic. However, Rocket was on Rhodes' other side underneath a pile of boulders, and his little body was snuggled tightly underneath.

"I can't breathe!" Rocket wheezes out for help, panicking. "I can't breathe!"

Rhodes grunts. "Canopy, canopy, canopy!" His suit detaches apart, snapping open until he grunts as he pulled his body out of the shell of his suit.

"Rhodey, Rocket, get out of here," Bruce enforces, pushing upward.

The hero crawls over to Rocket, who was pleading desperately. "Let me up! Let me up! Come on!" Rhodes snatches a metal pole and looks up to find a rock perfectly placed beside Rocket. He nudges the pole underneath the bolder, shuffling until he lays his weight on the pole. Once he puts all of his weight on the other side of the pole, Rhodes strains, eyes scrunching.

They exhale and fall back onto the ground with a splash, and Rocket was trying to catch his breath when Bruce shouts in a warning. "Rhodey!"

Looking up in alert, Rhodes' eyes widen once he sees rushing water making its way in their direction; Rocket hums, but they easily get engulfed in the water, disappearing beneath it. They all struggled to stay afloat. Rocket had to climb up Rhodes' body and tries to keep afloat.

"Mayday, mayday! Does anybody copy? We're on the lower level. It's flooding," Rhodes' calls in his comms. Not sure if anyone can even hear him, he continues with his S.O.S. message. "We are drowning! Does anybody copy? Mayday!"

💜

Clint groans in pain, stumbling onto his feet once he recovers from the long drop. Dust covered his body, and boulders missed him by mere inches. He rests his body up against the side of the wall, huffing and puffing from impact. Clint's chest heaves while trying to gather his thoughts and breath, Clint looks around to see where he is, but it was a little hard with all of the destruction going on.

There was shuffling on the side, pebbles falling off on the side, it caught Clint's attention; his brows furrowed curiously, still feeling slightly dazed, he tries to concentrate on the figure that's only a few feet in front of him. Clint jumps into action upon seeing who was with him, so he holds on to the wall in case he loses his balance. Hurrying to his friend's side, Clint stops by her side and shakes her shoulder, trying to wake the woman up.

"Hey, hey," Clint pats Darcy's cheek to ease her awake. The woman furrowed her brows when she heard a rough voice waking her up. "Hey, Darc, you with me, kiddo?"

Darcy's eyes slowly flicker open, and she furrows her eyebrows, whining at the searing pain exploding in her head. "What?"

Clint chuckles dryly, glad that she was waking up. "There we go. How're you feeling?" He helps Darcy sit up, slowly helping her up to her feet, but she wobbles when a striking pain ran up her leg.

Hissing in pain, Darcy grimaces at the bitter feeling in her leg; she wiggles it to loosen her tense muscles, trying to pretend like it wasn't bothering her. "Like I was just shot at and fell to my utter demise," Darcy groans, popping her shoulder back into place. Darcy purses her lips.

"Yeah, well, wish that wasn't true," Clint sighs.

Looking around her surroundings, Darcy limps when she twirls around, coughing when she inhaled dust. "Where the hell are we?"