Chapter 6

Aizawa felt a weird tingles on his cheek, causing him to wake up. As his vision cleared he was met with a little girl poking the side of his face with curious eyes, that got brighter when she noticed that Aizawa had awoken.

She stopped poking him on the check and gave the top of his nose a little poke. Aizawa's lips couldn't help but curl into a slight smile at the little girl's action. Aizawa would always poke her cute button nose whenever he greeted her, but Eri was asleep when he came in, so he didn't do it this time. The man patted her head with a very gentle touch, making sure she didn't flinch, which she didn't. 'Progress' Aizawa said to himself.

"Hey Eri." He said giving her a little bop on the nose.

Eri scrunched her nose and giggled. "You did it!"

Aizawa ruffled her pale blue locks. The smile the young child held gave Aizawa's heart a small tug. How dare someone hurt this child?

The man put his hands back on his lap and looked at his binder that was on the floor. Damn, that time I wasted napping I could've continued grading papers.

"Lemillion-san and Deku-san." Eri said in a quiet timid voice.

Aizawa gave her his attention when he heard her say the names of the two UA students. The man checked his phone remembering that Midoriya said that he'll text him.

Midoriya: Mirio said that
he can take me with him
after school tomorrow.
6:15pm

Me: What time will
you guys be back? 
7:38pm

Midoriya: 'round 4?
7:39pm

Me: 👍 7:39pm

"They will be here tomorrow." Aizawa said, turning off his phone. "Y'know they've been asking about you a lot. They're excited to see you."

Eri's eyes lit up. "Are they really!?"

"I don't see why they wouldn't."

Aizawa has been there for quite some time, bonding with the Eri. Aizawa told Eri little stories about his some of his interesting hero patrols, while the little girl listened with curious ears. Before they knew it, it was now time for Aizawa to head back to the dorms. The man packed up the little items he brought and stood up.

Eri whimpered, "You're leaving?"

Aizawa gave a soft sigh, squatting at the level of the little girl's hospital bed. He caressed the side of her face gently. "It's okay, you're safe here. You'll get out of here in a few more days."

He hated leaving this girl alone every night at the hospital. Saying goodbye was the hardest part in every visit.

Eri looked down. "Okay..."

"Hey, hey, hey. Look at me." Aizawa said in a gently voice.

She looked up at Aizawa's soft and tired eyes.

"Don't be sad." The man poked at her nose causing the girl to giggle softly.

Aizawa got up from his squat, watching Eri giggles. His heart felt warm. She deserves to be happy.

They said their goodbyes and Aizawa was now leaving the hospital and heading to his car.

He made it to the dorms, walking into the students common room. Aizawa knew he could always walk into the teachers common room which was closer to his room, but he'd be lying if he said he didn't want to check on his students well-beings.