Chapter 13

He was at the USJ. Aizawa's head was being crushed against the ground by the nomu, repeatedly. He slipped unconscious, but a voice in his head was telling him to wake up. "Shota, don't die yet. Protect your students, so you can cover up the fact that you didn't save me." The man was in a foggy atmosphere, he recognized that voice perfectly.

"O-Oboro, I'm sorry..." Aizawa's hand reached out for his old friend, but then the setting changed again and this time he was younger, probably in high school. Aizawa was chained up and locked in a cell as he watched helplessly as Oboro got crushed by a huge rock. "NO! OBORO!" Aizawa tired to yank himself of the chains to help his friend, but it was no use. It kept happening again and again, there seemed to be no escape.

Aizawa eyes shot open as he jolted awake from his nightmare. He woke up drenched in cold sweat. Aizawa gripped the side of his head and calmed himself down, telling himself: It was just a dream, repeatedly until he calmed down.

Aizawa took the blankets off of him and sat on the side of his bed. The man was still shaking, but that was probably as calm as he could get. He looked at the time on his phone, 4:14am. Damn, I guess I'm up now. Aizawa got up and opened his curtains, but it didn't help much sense it was still dark out. He sighed, closing them back.

The man's throat was dry, therefore he felt a bit parched. Aizawa rubbed his tired eyes and walked out of his room, going into to common room. He needed to see if his students were okay, his dreams were fucking with him again.

Aizawa forgot about getting a glass of water and decided to check on his students. First, he walked up and down the boy's side of the hallway and pressed his ear against each door as he walked by. Then, he did the same with the girls. Aizawa knew this would look bad if anyone saw him right now, but he couldn't help but worry.

Once he assured himself that everyone was safe, he went into the kitchen to fix him a glass of water. He was so tired, but he was afraid to go back to sleep due to his frequent night terrors.

Aizawa lent on the counter of the kitchen and sipped his glass of water, staring at nothing. He had a lot on his mind. Today is the day Aizawa will officially be Eri's caretaker. The man sighed, walking back to the his room.

He closed the door behind him and turnt on his desk lamp. Aizawa decided to do some paperwork till it was time for him to get ready to go to the school. Such a workaholic...

[TIME SKIP TO SCHOOL]

Aizawa was being distant today, no not by purpose. It was just one of those days. Nobody could tell, since he's always like this. It wasn't noticeable until Mic wrapped an arm around his shoulder, greeting him and Aizawa shoved him off. Not saying a word. Any other day Aizawa would let Mic do what he do and Aizawa would greet him back with a low "It's too early for this." But, he didn't.

The teachers in the lounge gave Aizawa a look, after he shoved his friend off of him, All Might especially. Aizawa felt the eyes on him and he saw the pained expression on Mic's face. Damn it! Why'd I do that?

"Sorry Mic, not today." He said it low, so only his friend could hear. After saying that, Aizawa brushed past his childhood friend and headed to his class.

When Mic thought about it, it's been a while since the two of them had a long talk. Shouta's probably getting stressed again... Mic knew his friend well, he knew Aizawa meant no harm when he shoved him away. He'd just wished that the man would not keep things bottled up.

"Well, somebody gots their panties in a bunch this morning." Vlad said jokingly, trying to break the tension.

For some reason it angered Mic that Vlad would make a comment like that, not even knowing what's going on with Aizawa. Mic didn't say anything though, because it wasn't that serious. Instead he chuckled with the rest of the staff and walked over to his desk area. After the laughter died down and the other staff members started making small talk with one another, Mic shot Aizawa a text.