02

Clubbing

I was currently listening to Miss Anne’s lesson on literature when Britney suddenly whispered to me.

“His name is Reagan, a grade ten freshman” Britney whispered.

“And then?” I asked Britney, maliciously.

As if I don’t know his name, as if I don’t care, but I’m more than they think. What they don’t know, the reason I get lost every lunch break is that I look at Reagan from afar.

Because he always plays in the middle of a straight day of football every lunch break. I'm really jealous of him because his skin doesn't turn into tan, while I, even if I spend a whole break in our house, my skin will remain inky.

“Didn't you have a crush on him?” Britney asked me a curious question 'cause for Sam and Lyka stopped playing computer games.

“No!” I accidentally shouted my answer.

Teacher Anne stopped writing on the board and on the spot I did an oral recitation.

At the mercy of the lord, I was able to answer, but still, Teacher Anne was insulting me again. If I can't answer I will still be cursed, and if I can answer I will still be cursed. I don't know where I will put myself in this world. I only receive insults. Occasionally I just think that Teacher Anne is one of my haters and bashers. I haven't done anything yet, they're already beating me up. Life's so sucks!

It's Saturday, my friends are here in our house today, and we're going to do a group project, and we will be in a group too. But look at these, instead of prioritizing our project, they are talking nonsense.

“Where did that come from?” I asked Britney while I was still reading a book on our science.

Britney teased me about how I felt about Reagan. I can't say because I know they will tease me again at school.

We have a quiz this coming Monday, so I did advice study, but these three babies are just doing it for fun.

“Don't you always look at Reagan in the distance?” Lyka whispered to Britney.

“Hell no!” I deny what Lyka said.

“Oh, give me a break, Jim! We've caught you already, and you still deny it! You're late for the act!” Sam yelled at me while flipping my forehead.

“Yeah! You thought we didn't notice that you've always ditched our lunch together, huh!” Britney's sarcastically said.

I frowned, averting my sight elsewhere, I preferred not to look at them because by the time I looked at them, I was the end of my world already. The sense of smell of these ducklings are so sharpened.

I couldn't answer what they were saying, I thought they didn't notice, but I forgot that the three of them were watching over me while I was alone.

“What? You're not going to tell us the truth?” raised an eyebrow, Sam said to me as if on guard and planning something evil.

I think, can't escape these so crazy ducklings. I sighed, surrendering my will to denied to anymore.

“Yeah. I have a crush to Ramirez” I closed my eyes admitting to them.