08

Leave

What did you do to me, Ramirez? Why, until now you are still the one? What have you done to me to make me to love you like this crazy? All I know is, I only admire you. How could this be?

Before my feelings for you is just like a one minutes. But now, it became hours. My god Jimmy, you're in love already! She was able to tweak her hair when she realized that she was really falling for Ramirez.

“Jim, what's up! What happened on your date with Floyd yesterday?” Britney's curiosity about me.

We are currently hanging out at Sashá Milk Tea. We just finished the fourth grading exam, so it's right for us to chill first and tastes the pain later because we will see our failed grades in the exam again.

“Maybe she finally gave up her watermelon!” I heard Sam say reason for me to beat her. Even when this woman's mouth really is.

“Stupid!”

“Why not?” Lyka said while putting lipstick on her lips. This girl really!

“Do you want to die with your eyes wide open?” I threatened them, but they just laughed at me.

“What happened? Tell us, is not like you're making us guess here!” Britney scolded me as she combed my hair.

“You're just going to guess, but it's below the belt!” I cut them.

“Hey, you guys, this little ugly duckling is playing innocent, should we baptize her?” challenge that Britney says of Sam and Lyka.

“Stop you babies!” I rebuke them. So, that's how I narrated everything that happened last night.

“Wow! I hope Floyd said that Piolo Pascual's line that I deserve an acceptable reason is that?” asks Sam says, she doesn't seem to know the title of the movie as well as your lines.

“Hey!” I sighed and told them.

“So, you were through?” Sam asked me.

“How can we have when we haven't even been?”

“Huh, what?” Sam asked confused.

“You're stupid Sammy” Lyka teased Sam.

“Wow, I'm embarrassed of the top 30” Sam teased Lyka.

They always base their marks on who is smarter than the two of them. Lyka is belonged to top 30 while Sam is in the Top 29.

“Shut up, you two! You're just one head to each other!” Britney scolds the two.

That day we were busy to compile the requirements that need to be passed because the clearance signing was near. We need it so we can be cleared of being grade nine, then we can proceed to being grade ten. The next day, our routine is still the same, we will arrive early at school and then after lunch, our teachers will arrive and sign our clearance.

Why do they always send us early and then after lunch they sign? Hey, school life!

I was going to the bathroom when I met Reagan. I stopped walking when he also stared at me, then passed me. Furthermore, I looked at him. I was about to call him, but he wore his headset to his ear.

Is he mad at me for what I did to his best friend? Or does he just not pay attention to me? Stop that thought, Jimmy, you'll get used to not being noticed before! Why are you still worried about that? There was an annoyed question on her other mind.

I don't believe of my bullshit. I'm always surprised when I come across genuine problems. Don't get me wrong, legitimate scary spots exists in my world…in spades. I have a good idea of how to work on them. I need a reminders and backup. My instinct is to flatten everything to a level….until I get bored.

Despite my surprise, I still went to the bathroom. When I came out of the bathroom, I found Lyka, Sam, and Britney waiting for me with my things.

“Hurry, Jim!” Britney told me that she was the one carrying my things.

“I'm sorry” I told them.

“Did you guys think about our futures?” Lyka suddenly asked us as we walked over to Sashá Milk Tea.

“I don't know, maybe one of us will get married first?” Sam sighed.

“Well, me? I won't get married first, I'll travel the whole world first!” said Britney.

“As for me, I want to be a sea woman. I would like to experience driving a ship.” said Lyka.

“Hmm… I would like to be a writer like Ate Maxine” Britney said. They turned their eyes to me.

“Well, I would like to be a designer somebody and create my own clothes brand” I told them.

“You guys are better to be pretty sure of what you aim to do, meanwhile I'll be able to leave it at that!” frowned Sam.

“Hey, Sammy, take your time. But when the time comes that you still don't know what you want, why don't you just get married!” Britney's teasing of Sam.

“Stupid, Barney! Who wants me to be his wife?” Sam scolds Britney, who is now being spanked by her.

“Who knows? You might be able to catch a big fish.” laughed Britney, teasing Sam.

We giggled and laughed along the way until we reached Sashá Milk Tea. We were still gathering at the door to see who would enter first. That's how we are friends. No plastic. In short, we are not toxic friends. We are loyal to each other. No one can beat my gangs. At school, we were called The Ugly Gangs. For us, that's okay, it's not deadly. For us, we take it as a compliment from them. Well, not all compliments are good, but we choose to ignore it as long as we have each other.

Because mom told me that when you listen to what other people are saying, you will lose more confidence in yourself.

If what they are telling you is not true, then leave it behind. Let them curse you until death. Just ignore them. Such people should be ignored. Focus of what you wanted to be, not what they wanted to be you. That’s what Mom and Dad taught me and I tell them that too by Britney, Sam and Lyka.

So, we lasted like this. Friendship can be a commitment. Friendship is a fine gift, out of many, that life can bring.

Nothing will happen in our lives if we hit the people who kill us with their hurtful words. So, we choose to leave it behind and be ourselves.